Flight Centre offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees. Most are effective after your 3 month probation.
- Extended health - medical and dental coverage, employees pay into this program for their first 2 years of employment.
- Employee Assistance Plan - counseling and coaching for wellness at work, home and in life
- RRSP/RPP matching program where Flight Centre will match up to 4% of your gross annual base salary
- Paid Holidays - 2 weeks in year 1
- 3 weeks in year 2
- 4 weeks in year 3
- Discounted Travel with IATA Travel Agent card (after 6 months industry experience)
- FAM Trips - help agents become more familiar with destinations we sell, organized by suppliers, you get an additional week’s paid leave annually.
- Moneywise - In house financial advisor, focusing on your personal wealth
- Healthwise - Promotes personal health and well being
- Careerwise - One on one career coaching to help you be the best you can in your current job and look at future opportunities within Flight Centre
Chris Price, Global 12 Week Challenge Winner
95% of promotions at Flight Centre are internal - there is a lot of room for career growth! There are Future Team Leaders and Team Leaders in each store. Or, you may continue your career in another area of the company such as Wholesale, Specialized or Corporate Travel Sales, Distribution Centre, Marketing, IT, Finance, Recruitment or Training.
Yolanda Moran, Western Canada Retail Leader
Working in the travel industry means an ever changing landscape and ongoing learning opportunities. Our initial Novice Training program is two weeks long and heavily focused on mastering the basic systems we use at Flight Centre to book travel. In your first few months you will attend additional “back up” training and online web seminars. You can also expect ongoing product and systems training throughout your career. You may also have the opportunity to take part in out Leadership program as part of your career progression.
Anonymous Flight Centre Newie
Each shop is open slightly different hours. Most shops trade 6 or 7 days a week with evenings and weekends as part of the rotational schedule. Consultants are scheduled for 40 hours a week. Buzz Nights are a monthly awards function where we celebrate the success of the past month. You will also have the opportunity to attend industry functions and conferences outside of trading hours.
The earnings of Flight Centre consultants are among the top on the industry ladder. The structure consists of an annual base salary plus commission to ensure that consultants are financially rewarded for their success. First year consultants can expect to earn $38,000 - $40,000 including commissions.
At Flight Centre we have two different types of specialization.
The first is the ‘shop within a shop’ where there is a stand alone team of experts who works within a retail outlet and only takes enquiries related to their specialty. ie. Weddings and Honeymoons or Groups. Usually experienced consultants work out of these locations.
Secondly, we have consultants and sometimes entire shops that take general enquiries but have been trained with advanced knowledge of types of travel like Disney, Hawaii, Las Vegas or Cruises.
The demands of a career at Flight Centre are considerable, but the rewards are plentiful for the right people. A successful consultant is typically ambitious, dedicated to success, motivated by financial rewards and goal oriented.
Greg Dixon, President, Flight Centre Canada