We have done everything possible to make this site user-friendly, informative and secure. If you would like to know more about our responsibilities and yours, please read the information below. If you do not agree to this information, please do not use this site. This site is owned by The Flight Shops, Inc. DBA Flight Centre (“we”,”us”) and is provided for residents of North America only.
The Flight Shops, Inc. DBA Flight Centre registered in Canada (our registration no. )
1. Travel information
- Our website displays information about travel locations, airfares, travel agents locations, flight times and dates, tours, packages, insurance, cruises, transportation, foreign currency, schedules, travel companies and many other things.
- This information is supplied to us by third party providers, such are airlines, hotels and transportation suppliers (“Service Provider”). We have taken reasonable care to ensure it is correct and up to date; however we cannot check the accuracy of such information.
- Many of the services which made up your travel booking are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the suppliers liability to you.
- We accept no responsibility for information supplied to us by third parties. We recommend you confirm all information contained on or linked from our website with the third party provider.
- The details of the prices, packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the website are subject to change without notice. The travel products and services described on the website are subject to availability.
- It should be noted that all documents issued to travelers are non – transferable. Such documents may include but are not limited to, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers, or any other document used to confirm an arrangement with a Service Provider. Such documents may also be subject to conditions such as, but not limited to, being non – refundable, non – date – changeable and subject to cancellation or amendment fees. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these conditions.
- All monies received by us from you in respect of travel services are received by us as the Agent of the Service Provider. If for any reason, any Service Provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that Service Provider, and not against us. In the event we received payment by Credit Card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback or recover your payment or any other losses from us.
- You are responsible for obtaining all passport, visa and health information required. We will assist you to obtain such information. We exclusively use the services of Visa Connections as our source for correct and up to date information, advice, forms and can facilitate should you have specific visa requirements.
- All prices displayed on the website are subject to change without notice. This is because the airlines and Service Providers may change the prices at any time.
- Special conditions may apply to the prices set out on the website. To determine such conditions, you must contact us or the relevant Service Provider.
- The prices set out set out on the website do not include taxes or airport charges. Taxes, airport charges and any additional costs will be advised to you once you have made a booking with us and we have confirmed the booking.
- Please be aware that all prices listed on this Web Site are for on-line purchases only and may not be matched by any The Flight Shops, Inc. DBA Flight Centre corporately owned retail and corporate location. Similarly, this Web Site will not match or beat any price of the same or similar booking from any The Flight Shops, Inc. DBA Flight Centre corporately owned retail and corporate location.
Many of the problems for which we cannot be held responsible for can be insured against. We highly recommend that you take out insurance to provide adequate cover for medical expenses, personal accident, loss of baggage and curtailment or cancellation of trip. Individuals are responsible to finance on the spot medical treatment and other contingencies, and then to reclaim this from insurance, if covered. You will be required to provide documentation to the insurance company to facilitate a claim. Please note that there are exclusions to coverage of insurance. It is your responsibility to be familiar with the insurance coverage purchased and ensure that the coverage meets your travel needs.
Insurance has be purchased and paid for in full as soon as the booking is made to become fully effective.
- The rules in this clause apply to "specials" displayed on our website. The site rules set out above also apply to "specials".
- "Specials" are available for a limited time. You must check with us whether a "special" displayed on our website is still available.
- There may be particular terms and conditions that apply to "specials". You must contact us or the third party provider of the "special" to determine whether any particular terms and conditions apply.
- You must pay for "specials" booked by you and confirmed by us within 72 hours of booking confirmation, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. Failure to pay for the "special" within this time may result in cancellation of the booking. We accept no responsibility for loss incurred due to cancellation in these circumstances.
5. Special Requests and Medical Problems
Should you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of the booking and clearly note it on booking. We will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests to the Service Provider; however, we regret that we cannot guarantee that your special request will be fulfilled. Failure to meet any special request does not signify a breach of contract on our part. We also regret that we cannot accept conditional bookings, ones that is specified to be conditional on the special request or fulfillment. All such bookings will be considered a “regular” booking with a provision of the possible Accommodation of the special request.
Should you or any other persons of your party traveling have a medical problem or disability which may affect your choice and pleasure of holiday, please inform us prior to confirming your booking so that we can advise to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In such an event, please provide us with the opportunity to assist you to ensure that your travel experience is not limiting by providing us full details of your medical problem or disability in writing. We are within our rights to cancel a booking if we deem the travel plans reasonably inappropriate for the traveler with a health problem or disability that hinders them from undertaking the trip or if we are made aware after the time of booking of details that were not provided at the time of booking.
6. Group Bookings
To facilitate group bookings, we will endeavour to forward any group booking discounts provided by the Service Provider to you on the condition that one person represents the clients when making the booking arrangements and payments. In this case, confirmation of the booking and payment will be sent to him/her only. All payments for the booking are also to be made though him/her only.
7. Currency Exchange Rates
Most of our booking fares are in CDN or US currency and we will state as such. All charges will be processed in either CDN or US dollars onto your credit card regardless the origin of your credit card. Please be aware that translating the booking fare into your home currency will always be approximate until charged on your credit card. Posted currency rates from various publicly sources should be used as a guideline only as rates are rarely verified as accurate and actual rates will vary. When using the information of the travel booking for any financial purpose, please consult a qualified professional to verify the accuracy of the currency rate.
8. Suitability of travel products and services
- We do not represent that any travel products and services set out on our website will be suitable for you. You release us from any claims in relation to the travel products and services described on our website, including but not limited to claims that the travel products and services are not suitable.
- Service Providers are independent parties over which we have no control. The information and description given about the Service Providers and their products are based on our inquiries and are believed to be accurate, but we cannot guarantee in respect thereof.
9. Tickets and Timings
All reference to departure times on our Web Sites are for your guidance and are subject by amendment by the wholesalers and/or suppliers prior to actual booking. It isn’t until full payment has been made that the departure times are set. You must check your itinerary on each stage of the completion of the booking to ensure that you have the correct flight times. It is possible and that flight times will change even after tickets have been issued and you will be advised of such prior to departure provided your personal information is correct and up to date.
10. Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your travel plans are provided by independent suppliers (“Service Provider”). These Service Providers have their own terms and conditions on you booking. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the Service Provider(s)’ liability to you, usually in accordance with the applicable International Conventions.
11. Intellectual Property
- This website, the software, design, text and graphics comprised in this website and the selection and layout of this website, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by Canadian and international intellectual property laws.
- You may view and electronically copy the pages of this website in the usual operation of your web browser in visiting this site, but for no other purpose. Any other use of the material contained on this website, such as copying, distributing, selling, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting or publishing is strictly prohibited, without our specific written permission. Unauthorised use of materials from our site will not only breach this agreement, but may violate copyright and other laws.
- Certain trade marks, service marks, business names, company names, logos, trade names and get up (trade dress) used on this site are owned by us or our licensors. In particular, we own the trade marks FLIGHT CENTRE, FLIGHT CENTRE & Plane logo, Flight Centre Steward logo. You do not have any right or license to use them.
We may link our site to other sites on the Web. These links are provided for your convenience only. It does not mean that we have looked at these sites or that we check them out. We are not responsible for the content of other websites, even if we link to them. We are not recommending these websites or their products or services to you. If you suffer any loss or damage from visiting another's website or using another's product or service, we are not liable.
13. Measurement of Usage
Information is also gathered to measure the number of visitors to this Web Site and to each various page and section of the Web Site and details of searches performed. We also measure the usage of advertising banners and other related links.
14. Your Privacy
- Subject to clauses 5.1 and 5.2, we will not disclose personal information about you (such as your name, contact details, browsing habits) which is provided by you or via your browser, without your permission unless we are required or need to do so to comply with your request or instructions.
- We and our third party providers of travel and travel related products and services may disclose personal information about you to others where directly connected with facilitating your travel arrangements and bookings. For example, we may disclose information about you to airlines, hotels, car rental companies in facilitating your travel arrangements.
- We may disclose aggregated information about users and use statistics relating to our website and aggregated information about our sales and trading patterns to others.
- You can use this website to communicate with us. This website also includes a list of other ways to communicate with us. It is our policy not to accept information that is confidential or proprietary, other than travel arrangements and bookings.
16. Your Use
- You must use this site in a responsible and co-operative manner.
- You must not:
- make any fraudulent, speculative or false enquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using this website;
- use another's name, ID or password without permission;
- use the website while impersonating another person;
- post or transmit to or via the website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to the website;
- delete data from the website without our permission;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the website;
- breach any third party's rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to third parties) or infringe any laws in using this website;
- frame this website as part of another site or cache this website for commercial benefit;
- attempt to do any of the above acts;
- knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
17. Your warranties
You warrant that:
- you are of sufficient legal age to use this site and create legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using this site;
- you are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of this site by you and those using this site using your ID and password;
- the information you supply via the website will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to be mislead or deceive.
- you agree to supervise all usage of this Web Site by minors under your name or account.
- you agree that the travel service reservations facilities of this Web Site shall be used only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or another person for whom you are legally authorized to act.
- you understand that overuse or abuse of the travel services reservation facilities of this Web Site may result in you being denied access to such facilities.
You indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from:
- any breach of these Site Rules by you;
- any act or omission by you or an officer, employee or agent of you;
- any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a third party against us or our officers, employees or agents caused or contributed to by you or an officer, employee or agent of you.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE OR COMPLETE, NOR THAT IT DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. WE ARE PROVIDING THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED AND SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE OR WILL COMPLY WITH ANY DESCRIPTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE OR SAMPLES.
- We do not represent or warrant that this website, the server that makes it available or any of our products or services supplied through this website will be free of errors, viruses or defects. Your access and use of this website is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not warrant that this website or the products and services offered via this website will meet your requirements or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely. We will use our best endeavours to make this website secure and have implemented technology for this purpose. However, because of the nature of the internet, we do not warrant that this website will be secure.
- The travel products and services offered and promoted via this website are products and services of third parties. Our role is to facilitate your travel arrangements, including processing your bookings and making payments. We are acting as agent for the third party providers. Your legal relationship in respect of the third party products and services is with the third party provider.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU RELEASE US FROM ALL LIABILITY, COST, DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF THE SUPPLY OR FAILURE TO SUPPLY OR USE OR NON-USE OF THE THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- We provide you with free access to our website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives will be liable in damages or otherwise in connection with your use of or inability to access this website or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via this website. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties. In the event that our website fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund any money that you paid to us to use this website.
- If any warranties are implied by law that cannot be excluded, then our liability for breach of such warranties is limited to, at our option:
- in the case of products:
- the replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products;
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again;
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
20. Governing law
- You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of
British Columbia, Canada, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being
brought in those courts.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of British
Columbia, Canada. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue courts in
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this
21. Behaviour of Self and Other Travelers in Party
When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any and all damage or loss caused by your or any member of your party. Full restitution for such damage or loss must be paid directly to the Service Provider. Failure to do so, you will be responsible for any subsequent claims made against us (in addition to ours and the Service Provider’s legal costs) as a result of your actions.
As our client, we reasonably expect that you will respect and be considerate for other people while traveling. If you or any member of your party behaves in such a way that is deemed to be dangerous, upsetting, or distressful to a third party or damage to property, we or the Service Provider may terminate your travel plans of the person(s) concerned, without prior notice. Should this occur, the person(s) concerned will be required to cease continuing to travel on the booking made with us. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and no expense or costs incurred as a result of the termination of travel will be compensated by the Company.
If you have cause for complaint while on holiday you must bring it to the attention of your travel agency or consultant immediately who will do their best to rectify the situation. Delay in reporting a complaint may reduce the effectiveness of your travel agency or consultant to alleviate the situation. It is unreasonable to take no action whilst on holiday but then write a letter of complaint upon return. Regardless, we will endeavour to address a complaint that has been forwarded to the travel agency or consultant within 28 days of completion of travel.
Except as otherwise specified, we may amend these Site Rules at any time without notice to you by posting amended Site Rules on our website. The amended Site Rules will take effect immediately when they are posted on our website.
We may terminate this Agreement, and any other agreement between us, immediately if you breach any of these Site Rules.
25. Our relationship
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended to be created between you and us by these Site Rules.
Except as required by law or otherwise specified by us, you must provide any notices to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide any notices to you by email to any email address provided by you. Notices will be taken to have been received 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party receives notice that the address is invalid or that the email has not been received.
- Headings are for reference purposes only.
- If we do not act in relation to a breach by you or others of these Site Rules, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- No employee, agent or representative of the Company has the authority to modify, waive, or alter any provision of these terms and conditions.
In this Agreement, the term "website" includes any email bulletins or other content that we provide to you via or initiated from this website.
ESSENTIAL TRAVEL GUIDE
The Purchase of your Travel Booking constitutes a contractual agreement between the traveller(s), customer(s), and/or purchaser(s),(collectively as "You" and "Traveller"), and The Flight Shops, Inc. DBA Flight Centre ("Flight Centre", "We", "Us") and implies acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions.
Agency: Flight Centre acts as a travel agent only. Many, if not all, of the services that make up your travel booking are provided by independent suppliers ("Service Providers"). Payment of your travel booking to us, as the Agent of the Service Provider, contracts you to the terms and conditions of the Service Provider, otherwise offer can be withdrawn at our discretion
Visas & Passports:
- If for any reason, any Service Provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the Service Provider, and not against us.
- We do not represent that any travel products or services will be suitable for you and we do not accept legal liability or responsibility for any services of a Service Provider that does not meet your expectations.
- We rely on the information that is provided by the Service Providers to assist you to make an informed decision, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy in respect thereof.
- It is possible that flight times, accommodations, and or other travel services booked may change even after the booking is completed and full payment is received. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of the Service Providers by referring to their brochures or websites.
- Please ensure that we have your current contact information so that we can notify you of such changes. Any personalized travel request (e.g. Seat or room allocation) cannot be guaranteed.
It is your responsibility to have a valid passport, visa and/or other travel documentation. A passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document. Using other documentation may result in delays or being denied boarding.
For Domestic Flights:
- Change of length of stay may result in a change of documentation needed to travel
- Any Visa advice provided to you is dependent on the accuracy of the information provided by you. Visa advice is current but can change prior to your intended travel.
- Verification of documentation requirements must be done when travel dates nears.
- Failure to provide the required documents may result in being denied boarding privileges by the carrier or relevant authorities, without further recourse or the possibility of a refund.
- Cruise passengers must present a valid passport, regardless of the entry requirements for their country of embarkation.
- To re-enter Canada, you must have valid Canadian passport, you need to show Permanent Resident card or Canadian Visa.
- Immigration authorities have the sole discretion to deny entry even when the relevant documentation is provided. A traveler with criminal history may be denied entry.
- We recommend that you inquire with the Consular Affairs Bureau for Canadians Abroad or review online the Essential Information for Canadian Travelers Guide at voyage.gc.ca to satisfy personal requirements.
- For some countries, international health certificates and vaccinations are required.
- Some countries require travellers to be issued a special international driver's permit and/or international proof of insurance.
passengers must be in possession of government-issued photo identification. Children under 16 should carry proof of identity, if no photo ID is available.
Traveling with your Child or Another's:
Whether travelling alone or accompanied by an adult, each child must travel with his own travel documents, a passport and appropriate visa, plus supporting documentation: i.e. birth certificate showing the names of both parents and/or legal documents pertaining to custody.
Cancellations, changes, and ex-changes:
- An adult travelling with minor children is strongly advised to hold a notarized letter of travel consent signed by other parent(s) or guardian(s) with legal custody. The letter must include the signor's address, phone details, authorization to travel, the destination and length of stay. If a parent/guardian is divorced or deceased, a custody document or death certificate is required.
- For unaccompanied minors travelling please provide the details of the person who is responsible for meeting the minor at the destination to your travel agent and the airline.
- It is your responsibility to obtain all documents including those for infants and children required by relevant government authorities of the country you're visiting.
- Some countries have very specific regulations regarding cases where only one parent is travelling with a child. We recommend you obtain information from the consulate of destination.
Please be aware that, in the main, flight and travel bookings are non - refundable and non - reroutable and any changes or amendments to itinerary or passenger(s) details are either not permitted or will incur a penalty from the Airline, Service Provider, or Flight Centre as prescribed from time to time. Please see Invoice and Itinerary for penalty details. By you acknowledging the Invoice, Itinerary, and these Terms and Conditions, Flight Centre is hereby authorized by you to seek to recover any refunds/credits that may be available from Airline and other Service Providers from time to time. Airline tickets are generally non - refundable once travel has commenced. If you cancel or change any flight segment or portion of your travel booking, you must advise the Service Provider prior to the time of the initial departure of travel booking or you will lose the value of the remaining portion of your purchase.
Reconfirming Flight Times:
It is your responsibility to confirm your flight departure times at least 24 hours prior to departure. Some airlines will have schedule changes and your flight time may differ to what is stated on your Itinerary. We recommend that you reconfirm your onward and return flights at least 3 days prior to each journey. Flight Centre is not responsible for schedule changes.
Check-in opening and closing times:
: All passengers are asked to check in at least 2 hours for domestic and 3 hours for international prior to the scheduled time of departure of their flight due to enhanced security measures. We recommend on - line check in available with most airlines at least 12 hours for departure and for most cruises, at least 72 hours. Please note that all travellers must be present with their boarding documents, passport and visas necessary for the destination. Any passenger arriving late for check-in will be denied boarding.
Please note that additional airport and/or hotel and/or car rental fees and government taxes (other than sales tax) may not be included in your purchase. These are frequently collected at destination. Seat selection may also incur fees.
Please note that all airfares and tour operator rates are subject to change without notice if full payment for booking has not been received. Flight Centre does not warrant that prices will not change until booking is paid in full and an increase must be borne and paid for upon demand either by Flight Centre, the airline, the tour operator or the supplier of the service.
Duration of Travel:
Please note that the number of nights on travel packages is based on travel dates and not the number of nights of accommodation.
Credit Card Chargeback:
If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the service for which was contracted, your remedy lies against that provider and not with Flight Centre. In the event that payment has been made to Flight Centre by credit card you agree that you will not seek to chargeback your payment to Flight Centre.
If the credit card is declined, you guarantee that you will settle any amounts owing to Flight Centre via money order or cash within 2 working days of notification by Flight Centre of declined charge.
Notice to Travelers:
Travelers should be aware that different living standards and practices may exist outside of Canada including but not limited to: provision of utilities, e.g. Water and electricity; accommodations; services of all kinds; food; food preparation and water quality.
- Flight Centre shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage, illness or injury resulting from different living standards. Keep the state of the local economy and the country's level of development in mind.
- The quality of hotels advertised by our suppliers has been rated in accordance with the normal standard of the destination and could be different from the standard of Canadian hotels. There is no international standard and they can vary greatly.
- Hotel ratings also vary between one Service Provider than another for the same product. We recommend that you inform yourself on the amenities and reviews of accommodations before deciding.
- Service may be interrupted at any time for renovations, maintenance, or construction. Flight Centre is an agent only and cannot be held responsible for quality or interruptions of service.
- Do ask questions and research on your own to ensure that are you are prepared for every eventuality
- It is possible that you will encounter minor difficulties that are sometimes unavoidable and uncontrollable. Please initially try to deal with the situation locally and then contact your consultant.
- Cruise lines generally collect pre - paid gratuities at time of check - in and possibly fuel surcharge. Please refer to your cruise documentation or inquire with your travel consultant.
- Many independent suppliers require the presentation of a major credit card at the commencement of service to cover any additional incidentals and/or for potential damages. It is recommended that there is $1000.00 of available funds on the credit card.
We have provided you with a listing of the airlines and contact phone numbers that you can call to reconfirm your flights. We strongly recommend that you re-confirm your flights at least 24 hours prior to departure time.
Read more: http://www.flightcentre.ca/info/terms-and-conditions#ixzz30a1Q3m5U
Follow us: @FlightCentreCa on Twitter | FlightCentreCA on Facebook