latest deals across every airline...
Delta Airlines baggage
Due to the variance of baggage allowances and restriction on flights, Flight Centre suggests you ask one of our travel experts or visit Delta’s comprehensive baggage page, which outlines its regulations for checked baggage, carry-on, special items and restricted baggage.
Delta Flight Information
Cheap Delta Flights with FlightCentre.ca
Delta Baggage Allowance
To take a weight off your shoulders before you go, familiarize yourself with the weight allowances for Delta airlines baggage. Avoid additional baggage charges and help expedite your security screening process by reviewing the below carry-on and checked luggage restrictions.
On Canada transborder and US domestic flights, the standard Delta baggage allowance for a Main Cabin economy class seat, one direction, is:
Free carry-on bag and one free personal item;
$25 for your 1st checked bag under 23kgs (50 lbs);
$35 for your 2nd checked bag under 23 kgs (50 lbs);
If you require further information other than what is listed below, or wish to determine Delta baggage allowance based on aircraft type or cabin class, you may contact the airline or your Flight Centre travel agent.
Delta Checked Baggage
Delta checked baggage may be subject to fees, which you can pay in advance, or at the airport upon check in. Please note when exiting from Canada, CDN payment will be converted to the local currency.
The standard Delta baggage policy allows:
- 2 checked bags, up to 10 bags maximum (up to 4 checked bags on Delta Connection.)
- Maximum dimension length + width + height = 157 centimetres / 62 inches.
Delta Air Lines baggage allowance is based on cabin class and destination. Please see below for standard Delta baggage guidelines.
Delta baggage allowance on Basic Economy, Main Cabin and Delta Comfort:
- 1st checked bag not to exceed 23 kg (50 lbs)
- 2nd checked bag not to exceed 23 kg (50 lbs)
- $25 USD for 1st checked bag on Delta flights to USA, Mexico and the Caribbean
- $35 USD for 2nd checked bag on Delta flights to USA, Mexico and the Caribbean
- Free for 1st checked bag on Delta flights to international destinations, including Central America and the excluding above.
- 2nd checked bag $40-$120 depending on international destination.
- 3rd checked bag and over (if permitted) $150 to $200 USD.
Delta baggage allowance on First Class, Delta Premium Select and Delta One:
- 2 free checked bags, up to 70 lbs each
- 3 to 10 checked bags will be subject to payment of up to $200 USD each.
Please see Delta Airlines baggage fees for more details, including overweight luggage fees, or simply ask your Flight Centre consultant.
Delta Carry-on Luggage
Delta passengers, in all cabin classes, are allowed to bring on board one carry-on bag and one personal item. Heres what you need to know to keep calm and carry-on!
Delta baggage allowance for carry-on items is up to 114 centimetres in combined l + w + h, (about 22" x 14" x 9") including handles and wheels. To make sure your carry-on fits into the aircraft overhead compartments, there is usually a sample rack to size your bag so you can see if your bag meets the restrictions.
A personal item, which you may bring onboard in addition to your carry-on bag, is considered:
- 1 purse,
- 1 camera bag,
- 1 laptop computer,
- 1 briefcase
- 1 diaper bag
- OR anything similar to these approved sizes.
Other free and approved items you may bring on the aircraft are:
- Wheelchair / stroller / child restraint seat / crutches
- Umbrella / jacket
- Duty-free purchases
- Food or drink purchased after the security checkpoint