latest deals across every airline...
Delta Airlines fleet
Want to know the type of aircraft you’ll be travelling on? Looking for a specific seat? Wonder what entertainment options you have? Check Delta Airlines fleet for all that and more.
Delta Flight Information
Cheap Delta Flights with FlightCentre.ca
Fly with confidence and in comfort when you choose Delta. To determine what aircraft you are flying and its particular dimensions, check out the Delta Air Lines fleet list.
One of the largest in the world, the Delta airline fleet is made up of over 850 McDonnell Douglas, Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Deltas Boeing 717, Boeing 757 and Boeing 767 aircraft make it one of the biggest fleets of those aircraft types. It is also only one of two airlines (the other is United Airlines) in the U.S. that operates the Boeing 747-400. The Delta fleet is known as one of the oldest and the airline has a policy for purchasing older generation and used aircraft. As evidenced by its young Airbus A321-200 and Boeing 737 aircraft, the Delta Air Lines fleet also purchases new passenger aircraft, too.
Delta Fleet Fast Facts
- The average age of a Delta aircraft is 16.9 years
- Its merger with Northwest Airlines resulted in an additional 200 aircraft to the Delta fleet
- One of the worlds largest and oldest fleets
- 60% of the Delta Air Lines fleet is Boeing, for short-, medium- and long-haul journeys.
- 20% of the Delta fleet is Airbus aircraft, operating short- and medium-haul routes.
- 20% is McDonnell Douglas, used on domestic and short-haul routes.
You may ask one of our Airfare Experts to find out which aircraft serve the route you are flying.