Jet’s fleet consists mainly of Boeing 737 and 777 aircraft, as well as Airbus A330 and ATR 72-500 airplanes.
Jet Airways offers three different cabin classes: Economy, Première Class and First Class.
Jet Economy Class seats have a seat pitch of 76-79 cm. Economy class guests enjoy ergonomic reclining seats, where the bottom of the chair moves forward for added comfort.
Jet Airways refers to its Business Class cabin as Première Class. Première passengers get fully-reclining seats with a roomy 102 cm distance between them. Seats are configured in twos and there is a divider to separate the Première cabin for extra privacy. Other benefits include additional baggage allowance, priority seating and lounge access in airports across India.
This airline cabin is the height of luxury, with Jet First Class passengers accessing a wide variety of films, TV shows, audio and games on a 23 inch flat screen TV. Travel in this class is tantamount to relaxation: stretch out in the airport lounge accessible to only top tier cabins and get a good night’s sleep in your comfortable seat that converts to a fully-flat bed.
All international flights have touch screen seat-back TV screens with an excellent variety of programming. Meal, beverage and snack options vary depending on flights, but on international flights, Economy passengers receive complimentary hot meals; vegetarian and other dietary restrictions are accommodated.
Enjoy a range of movies, audio and games on a 27 cm touch screen monitor. Enjoy a complimentary cocktail and snack upon boarding, with an array of gourmet meal options catering to Eastern and Western palates. On certain aircraft types, seats may swivel so you can still conduct meetings while travelling.
From your private suite in the air, you can order a la carte options when you like, as well as your five-course meal, personalized based on a selection of international cuisines. World-class wines, single malt scotches and sumptuous cocktails are also at your disposal. Entertainment options can be enjoyed on a 58 cm flat screen LCD TV.
Jet Airways offers you five check-in options, though depending on your cabin class your choices may be more limited:
- Airport Counter Check-In: The conventional way of checking in, be sure to be there at least 2-3 hours in advance for international flights. Check the Jet Airways website (www.jetairways.com) to locate check-in desks in Indian cities or keep an eye out for check-in assistants at the airport who can help you as well.
- Advance Check-In: Visit the JET website’s online check-in page where you can check-in for your scheduled flight up to 24 hours in advance. Print your boarding pass at home or at the airport kiosk then simply proceed to security gates if you have no checked baggage and to the Jet Airways counter
- Electronic Kiosk Check-in: Locate the Jet Airways electronic kiosks near the Jet Airways airport counter. You may change seats and print your boarding pass here.
- Tele Check-In: This check-in option is available to members of Première (Business) Class and First Class, or JetPrivilege only. You may check in from 24 hours up to 4 hours in advance and report at the airport counter a minimum of 60 minutes prior to departure.
- SMS Check-in: JetPrivilege members that have a confirmed e-ticket may send a text message for advanced check-in. Details and instructions can be found on Jet’s website.
All cabin classes are allowed one piece of baggage not exceeding 7 kg and a 115 cm maximum of total dimensions (l + w + h). An additional item such as a purse, laptop, pillow, snack or camera may also be brought on board. (Please note that hand baggage is not permitted on flights out of Jammu, Leh and Sringar airports.)
Jet Airways baggage allowances will vary depending on your aircraft and destination; specific measurement restrictions are listed on the Jet Airways website.
Economy Class passengers are generally allowed 1-2 pieces of checked baggage that weighs no more than 23-28 kg each and dimensions (l + w + h) totalling no more than 158 cm per item.
Première (Business Class) and First Class passengers are allowed from 1–3 checked baggage items, weighing no more than 30-32 kg each and dimensions (l + w + h) totalling no more than 158 cm per item.
If travelling with an infant, you may bring an additional checked baggage item that does not 10 kg. Special items like musical instruments or sporting gear is generally permitted if included in the regular baggage allowance, or will be subject to a surcharge.
Clubs & Lounges
Jet Airways frequent flyer club is called JetPrivilege, and offers an array of benefits according to membership level: Silver, Platinum and Gold. Jet Airways Première and First Class passengers, as well as JetPrivilege members, may access the Jet Airways lounges which are located in eight cities, including Mumbai, Delhi and Brussels international airports.
*Conditions Apply: airline.conditions.jet-airways-india