We’re getting a lot of questions about where, when, and how Canadians can travel. Of course, there are plenty of resort vacations, self-drive packages, and flight deals to be had, but we think that guided tours (especially small group tours) are shining the brightest for health & safety measures and value.
Here’s why our Experts think touring is pretty much the best way to go for your next trip.
1. You Travel in Your Own Bubble
Unlike other forms of travel, guided tours inherently limit the number of people you’re around while you’re en route, staying in your accommodations, and enjoying local experiences. You can be confident that you’re travelling with the same handful of people throughout your entire trip (and everyone is subject to the same health screening as you are).
For even more peace of mind, you can pick who you travel with by booking a private small group tour for your friends and family. (Think you don’t have enough to form a private tour? You’d be surprised! Depending on which tour company you travel with, your group can be as small as just two people.)
Our favourite private group tour providers:
- Globus: as few as 1 traveller
- Intrepid Travellers: as few as 4 travellers
- Peregrine Adventures: as few as 4 travellers
- G Adventures: as few as 8 travellers
- On The Go: as few as 6 travellers
- Luxury Gold – as few as 10 travellers
- Trafalgar: as few as 12 travellers
- Costsaver: as few as 12 travellers
- Insight Vacations: as few as 15 travellers
2. You Can Let Someone Else Do the Heavy Lifting
Planning multi-destination itineraries is complicated on a good day, and it can be especially confusing as the world reopens. One of the things we like most about guided tours is that they take all of that stress out of the process.
Once you pick a destination, a travel style, and your ideal travel dates, all that’s left to do is pack your bags! Your tour guides take care of the transportation, accommodations, itinerary, meals, and experiences so you don’t have to.
Guided tours also have the benefit of offering unique experiences that only locals and professional travellers know about. While others are spending most of their trip waiting in lines at tourist attractions, you get to see the real heart of your destination.
3. Extra Flexible Booking Conditions
The world of travel has changed in many ways. One of those ways is that tour providers have improved their booking flexibility to suit travellers’ needs. In other words, you can book now and travel when you’re ready.
Check out Flight Centre Travel Group’s travel news hub to see how our favourite tour companies are providing new options like:
- Smaller trip deposits
- Easy date changes without penalty
- Extended travel credits
- Reduced single supplements
4. Updated Health & Safety Measures
Whether you’re hiking through mountains and valleys, cycling through vineyards, sailing on a yacht, or riding a comfortable minibus, your safety is of utmost importance to your tour guides.
New health and safety measure will vary depending on the type of tour you’ve booked, but you can expect practices such as:
- Increased deep cleaning of private transportation
- Hand sanitizer made regularly available
- Assigned seating on private transportation
- Reduced group sizes
- Increased single accommodation options
- Pre-trip health screenings
- Physical distancing in-destination
5. You Can Get a Really Good Deal
Whether you’re looking to explore the world ASAP or you have your eye on a really cool 2021 trip, special pricing is on now for lots of tours!