Published on July 1st, 2019 | by Crissandra Ayroso0
Asia Tours You Won’t Be Able To Resist
Asia has intrigued travellers for centuries. From Hanoi’s famous food market stalls and Agra’s iconic Taj Mahal to the snowy mountain peaks of Hokkaido, Asia shows how inspiring works of art takes shape in many forms. If you’ve got your heart set on travelling Asia, start any of these unique, hand-picked tours. Discover Vietnam’s legendary cuisine, Japan’s natural beauty, and India’s rich culture on a life-changing adventure.
See Japan in the winter
Like the blush coloured cherry blossom petals that fall from the spring sky, the winter snowfall in Japan is a sight to behold. Winter in Japan is pretty special. Topdeck’s Japan Winter 7-day tour will take you on a flurry of outdoor adventures and cultural activities. From Hokkaido’s snowy mountainscapes to Sapporo’s historic sites, winter in Japan will warm your heart.
Why travel with Topdeck
Topdeck Travel is a leader in youth touring worldwide. For 18-to-30 somethings looking for an epic Instagram-worthy tour of Japan in the wintertime, Topdeck balances all the touristy musts with plenty of free time and optional add-ons. See a new part of the world with Topdeck’s passionate travel leaders, and make new lifelong friends along the way.
Japan Winter 7-day tour highlights
- You’ll head to the picturesque snow-capped mountaintops of Kiroro. Hit the slopes at Kiroro Ski Resort, which is known to get the best ski-ready snow in all of Hokkaido.
- Travel 30 minutes from Kiroro to Otaru, a historic port town known for its beautiful canal and sake distillery. Opt to stop by Tanaka Shuzo sake distillery for a tour and taste locally-made, 100% Hokkaido rice-based sake.
- Next, you’ll head for the snowy peaks of Niseko Ski Resort, famous for its perfect powdery snow and epic surroundings.
- Watch Japan’s history come alive with a day at a theme park set in the Edo period, where samurai, geisha, ninjas and entertainers stroll around.
- Walk through the other-worldly looking sulfuric hot springs in Jigokudana, aka Hell Valley, and stop by the stunning Lake Toya.
- Do a guided city tour of Sapporo, where you’ll see the Hokkaido Shrine and visit the Sapporo Beer Museum.
Follow your heart and appetite to Vietnam
One of the top foodie destinations in Asia, Vietnam’s burgeoning food scene joins the ranks of culinary capitals Japan, China, South Korea and Malaysia. The Flavours of Vietnam 11-day tour with Blue-Roads will take you on a gastronomic adventure. Stop by Hanoi’s famous food market stalls, sit down for a traditional lunch with a local family in the Ninh Binh countryside, and take a Vietnamese cooking class in Ho Chi Minh City, all while strolling through Vietnam’s ancient historic sites and natural wonders.
Why travel with Blue-Roads Touring
Stop and smell the pho with Blue-Roads Touring. Those who prefer a leisurely pace over a whirlwind itinerary will love Blue-Roads. Stay in boutique hotels, travel aboard a luxury mini-coach and experience Vietnam intimately without feeling like you’re being rushed. With Blue-Roads, you’ll venture down roads less toured with a small group size of no more than 18 people.
Flavours of Vietnam 11-day tour highlights
- Have your first taste of authentic Vietnamese cuisine in Hanoi at KOTO Restaurant, which also runs a hospitality training centre for at-risk youth. KOTO stands for Know One, Teach One. KOTO’s training program empowers disadvantaged youth with new skills for a chance at a brighter future.
- Learn about Hanoi’s French colonial architecture with your guide in the front seat of a cyclo, a bicycle taxi powered by the driver who sits behind you.
- You’ll get to sit down for a traditional lunch as a guest in a local family’s home in Ninh Binh Province. Spend the morning in the scenic countryside surrounded by limestone karsts and rice paddies.
- Spend a night onboard a traditional junk boat and explore Halong Bay’s famous limestone islets and grottoes. Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the emerald jewel in Vietnam’s crown. In Hue, enjoy dinner at the 19-century Tha Om Garden House, a delightful restaurant owned by a local historian. Hue was the capital of the Nguyen Dynasty, the last imperial family of Vietnam. Here you’ll find a 19th-century citadel, Hue’s main attraction, as well as a replica of the Royal Theatre, royal tombs and fascinating relics from Hue’s ancient history.
- You’ll get to roll up your sleeves and learn how Vietnamese chefs make their authentic dishes. Take a Vietnamese cooking class in Ho Chi Minh City, and bring home a few culinary tips and tricks. It could be the souvenir that keeps on giving.
- Go on a street eats tour in Ho Chi Minh City, where you’ll get to taste authentic pho, as well as local delicacies like rice paper pizza and crispy Vietnamese pancakes.
The perfect introduction to India
Whether this is your first or your hundredth time, India will not fail to capture your heart. G Adventures’ Essential India 15-day tour takes you to some of the country’s greatest highlights. You’ll see the Taj Mahal that Shah Jahan built and named after his beloved late wife. You’ll float along the beautiful Ganges River, and venture off-the-beaten-path to a charming rural village called Orchha. Here, you’ll visit a local paper facility that supports local tribal women in resource-poor communities, and see how they craft their unique eco-friendly handmade paper. This tour is the perfect combination of included activities and free time to explore India’s rich culture and heritage.
Why travel with G Adventures
For a trip to India that gives back to India, travel with G Adventures. With a focus on responsible travel and tourism, tours are thoughtfully crafted and “operated under the belief that travel is an exchange, not a commodity,” as outlined on their website. This means, their tours make a point to give back to local communities and locally owned businesses, recognize the importance of animal welfare, and ensure that child welfare is protected where they operate. By travelling in small groups led by local guides, you’ll see the world up close in a way that only G Adventures can bring you.
Essential India 15-day tour highlights
- You’ll start off your tour in Delhi by supporting Women on Wheels with the transfer you’re provided (it’s included in your tour price) from the airport to your hotel. Women on Wheels is part of G Adventures’ G For Good Moments program and supports a local woman from a resource-poor community.
- You’ll get to float down the Ganges River on a 1-2 hour boat tour at sunset and encounter the spiritual heart of Hinduism. Marvel at the ghats as you meander along this sacred river, and participate in a candle and flower ceremony.
- Visit the must-see Taj Mahal in Agra, as well as India’s largest group of medieval temples and statues in Khajuraho.
- You’ll venture off the beaten path and visit Orchha, a quiet rural town along the banks of the Betwa River and enjoy a puja ceremony. On the way to Orchha, you’ll stop by a unique eco-friendly paper plant that handmakes paper out of recycled paper, cloth and tree-free fibres like cotton and petals. This handmade paper recycling plant employs more than 40 women, including Sahraiya tribal women, who come from resource-poor communities.
Ready for Asia? Book your tour and flights with us today! Talk to one of our Experts and save up to 15% on Asia tours when you book between July 1st, 2019 and August 9th, 2019. Call us at 1-855-796-8359, live chat us, or visit your closest Flight Centre store.