Great news, flyers!
As part of Air Canada‘s effort to help Canadians travel internationally safely and securely, effective December 1, 2020, Aeroplan Members making an eligible new booking with Air Canada originating in Canada will receive complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical and Quarantine Insurance underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife).
This Manulife COVID-19 Insurance covers eligible Canadian residents, who are Aeroplan Members, when travelling internationally on a booking made with Air Canada, for travel completed by April 12, 2021. Manulife coverage will be automatically included if eligible when booking is purchased, or flight is redeemed. There are no registration forms to complete and premiums are paid for by Air Canada.
Eligibility for Air Canada’s Complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Insurance
• All passengers on new international round-trip bookings made from December 1, 2020 until January 31, 2021 inclusively, for travel completed by April 12, 2021.
• Passenger must be a Canadian resident with a valid provincial or territory government health insurance plan for the duration of the trip.
• Each passenger on a booking must be an Aeroplan Member and have a unique Aeroplan number associated with their ticket before checking in in order to receive complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical and Quarantine Insurance. This eligibility requirement is not applicable to children less than 2 years old. Minors can only be enrolled by their parent or legal guardian.
Not an Aeroplan member? Sign up here. Enrollment is easy and free. Once you become an Aeroplan Member, your Travel Expert can add your Aeroplan number during booking or after booking, right up to the moment before checking in for the flight.
Some Conditions Apply
• Bookings including at least one Air Canada flight and on a new Air Canada ticket (code 014) issued between December 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021. Passengers will qualify for coverage regardless of whether the first flight was operated by Air Canada or by one of Air Canada’s codeshare or interline partners so long as the booking was ticketed on Air Canada and includes at least one Air Canada flight (marketed or operated).
• The duration of the trip outside Canada needs to be 21 days or less (to calculate the duration of the trip, include the date your customer leaves Canada and the date they return to Canada).
o If the trip exceeds 21 days, you are not eligible for this coverage.
o If you change your initial booking before or after you leave Canada and your trip duration exceeds 21 days, you are not eligible for this coverage for any portion of the trip.
• Travel must originate in Canada to any international destination (USA included) for which there is no Level-4 “avoid all travel” advisory in effect issued by the Canadian government at time of departure.
• There is no age restriction to be eligible for this coverage.
• Passengers must not be advised by a physician not to travel.