Meet our Las Vegas Expert, Michael Tugwell! Here he shares his tips for travel in Las Vegas, plus photos of his time there.
1. How many times have you visited Las Vegas?
Five, each time slightly different than the other.
2. What makes you a Las Vegas expert?
My travel experience to this destination. I’ve stayed in multiple hotels there and have done Vegas in many different ways: a trip with the guys, for a special event, a family trip and my honeymoon.
3. What is your favourite “Sin City” attraction?
The Las Vegas Strip, I love just walking around at night enjoying all that Vegas can offer.
4. What surprised you the most about this destination?
The atmosphere — I was tired when I arrived, but the vibe changed that quickly, I was pretty amazed.
5. What made you fall in love with Las Vegas?
I’m an avid sports fan and you can find sports to watch anywhere in the city.
6. What’s your favourite memory about Las Vegas?
Spending the first night of my honeymoon atop the Eiffel Tower at the Las Vegas Paris hotel. It was the best night of my life.
7. What are your top 3 Vegas travel tips?
If you plan to see a show, pre-book the tickets. A travel consultant can do that for you. Buy a Las Vegas Monorail pass, as walking up and down the Strip can be difficult. Hotel location is key — you want to stay in or near the area you will spend the most time.
8. Why do you think it’s important for people to visit this destination?
I think it is a city that appeals to all. You can live the “high roller” life or do it on a budget. We have Las Vegas vacation packages or I can create your own perfect one for you.
9. What things would you recommend someone pack for a trip to Las Vegas?
The most important thing to bring is a comfortable pair of shoes because there’s a lot of walking in Vegas. I would also suggest bringing nice clothes as some of the restaurants on the Strip are upscale and you don’t want to feel underdressed.
Thank you, Michael Tugwell! Visit him at Flight Centre in Upper Canada Mall, Newmarket ON. Contact him at 1 866 704 5285 or firstname.lastname@example.org