Published on July 11th, 2016 | by Emma Hackwood0
Meet Our Disney Expert: Leslie Christian
How does one get to know a destination best? By living and working there, of course. Our Disney Expert, Leslie Christian, may have forgotten the number of times she has been to Orlando’s Walt Disney World Resort but she’ll never forget the magic. Relive it with her here as we pick her brain on her favourite attractions, the most important things to pack and how to enjoy it best when celebrating something special.
1. How many times have you visited a Disney Resort?
I have visited the Walt Disney World Resort more times than I can count!
2. What makes you an expert on Disney?
Well, I actually worked for Walt Disney World and lived in Orlando for 10 years.
3. What is your favourite attraction at a Disney Park?
The World Showcase at Epcot.
4. What surprised you the most about Disney Parks?
How friendly everyone is.
5. What made you fall in love with Disney Parks?
The magic. The feeling that anything is possible!
6. What’s your most magical Disney Parks memory?
Visiting Epcot and Magic Kingdom with my husband on our 5 year anniversary and receiving an anniversary button. Everywhere we went a cast member would greet us with a “Happy Anniversary!” Even from across a room, if we didn’t see them, they saw us and our buttons and greeted us. Something so simple can be so magical.
7. What are your top 3 Disney Parks tips that you would give a client travelling there?
1) Dress comfortably with good shoes for long days of walking and humid weather
2) Use My Disney Experience to plan all of your experiences ahead of time
3) Stay at a Disney Resort to fully capture all that Walt Disney World Resort has to offer – if it’s your first time to Disney, it’s the only way to go!
8. Why do you think it’s important for people to visit a Disney Park?
Because there is no other vacation like it. It can be completely life-changing – like it was for me.
9. What things would you recommend someone pack for a trip to a Disney Park?
Comfortable clothing and shoes, sunscreen, a poncho and an easy to carry backpack.
Looking for more information or to book your Disney vacation? Enquire by email, visit your local Flight Centre store location or contact our Disney Expert, Leslie Christian, directly by calling 1855 880 7659.