Published on August 15th, 2016 | by Emma Hackwood0
Meet the Australia Expert: Micah Hermesmann
Our Australia Expert Micah Hermesmann fell in love Down Under; with the wilderness, wildlife, and his future wife. Here he shares his love story and the expert tips he’s picked up from six visits (and counting) to this great country:
1. How many times have you visited Australia?
2. What makes you an expert in Australia?
I’m married to a wonderful Australian and have two beautiful half-Australian children. I love the country and try to visit every other year!
3. What is your favourite city in Australia?
4. What surprised you the most about Australia?
Before I went, I had no idea how good the coffee is!
5. What made you fall in love with Australia?
My wife of course, but also the incredible wilderness and wildlife.
6. What’s your favourite memory about Australia?
Camping in Tasmania during late fall in May of 2005. It was so wet and so amazing to be exploring the bush!
7. What are your top 3 Australia tips that you would give a client travelling there?
- Take a direct flight! It is a long, long trip and getting there as quickly as possible will help you make the most of it.
- Check out the bush! Australian wilderness is incredible with totally unique ecosystems and biodiversity unlike anywhere else in the world. No matter where you go in the country, you’re surrounded with incredible wildlife.
- Check out the music scene. All of the cities have a lot of hip pubs and they have a lot of aspiring musical talent. Get out at night and take in a show! You might even be able to see one of your favourite musicians from home in a far more intimate venue than you ever could elsewhere!
8. Why do you think it’s important for people to visit Australia?
It’s an incredible country with an incredibly diverse and unique culture and landscape. It’s my home away from home and definitely worth the trip!
9. What things would you recommend someone pack for a trip to Australia?
Bring your camera and a power converter for your electronics. Bring maple syrup to share with your new friends and some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (they don’t get them there). And definitely bring your sense of wonder and adventure!
Pssst…Our South Pacific Flight Sale is on! For a limited time, save $100* on round-trip flights to the South Pacific with Air New Zealand, Air Canada, Qantas, Fiji Airways and Air Tahiti Nui.
*Conditions apply. Valid on new bookings made between August 16– August 31. Save $100 per person on roundtrip airfares departing from Canada to the South Pacific with select airlines as follows: Air New Zealand, Air Canada, Qantas, Fiji Airways, Air Tahiti Nui. Flight offer is fully funded by Flight Centre, and is not discounted, provided or funded by any affiliated travel trade partner. Certain exclusions apply. Discount is not combinable with any other offers unless otherwise specified. Available on all South Pacific destinations the aforementioned air carriers service. For full terms & conditions please speak with a Flight Centre Travel Consultant.