Cruise tips, ship knowledge, and destination recommendations for explorers of every kind. Meet our Cruise Expert, Rebecca Robson.
1. How many times have you been on a cruise?
Four going on five. Next up: a Transatlantic cruise on the Norwegian Epic!
2. What is your favourite cruise line and why?
Carnival. I love their themed facilities and exciting onboard activities, they truly are “The Fun Ship!”
3. What is your favourite thing about cruising?
Being on the ocean, it’s a feeling of peace you can’t get anywhere else.
4. What was your memorable cruising experience/trip and why?
While the Caribbean is always fun with loads of activities, the scenery and wildlife in Alaska was unforgettable.
5. What’s your favourite port and why?
Ocho Rios, Jamaica! I had a blast on the White River tubing excursion and finished the day off with the island’s famous jerk chicken and a cold Red Stripe.
6. What are your top 3 cruise tips?
1. Book as far in advance as you can. Usually the early saver deals are better than the last minute ones, plus you also get a better selection of staterooms to choose from.
2. If you are prone to seasickness, see your doctor or bring something with you ahead of time.
3. Always add travel protection to a cruise vacation, it protects you and your holiday in so many ways!
7. What cruise destinations would you recommend and why?
There are so many good ones, but if I had to choose, I’d say the Hawaii repositioning cruises are always a great option. Because it’s a special repositioning cruise, fares are usually offered at a discounted rate. This makes it an amazing way to see the islands, plus have all of your meals and accommodations all taken care of for you, too. I’d also recommend extending your stay in Waikiki afterward!
8. Big ship vs small ship – How do you help a client decide?
Depending on your preference I would recommend both for certain reasons; the larger ships have so much to offer with the latest innovations. I personally prefer smaller ships because I can figure the layout of the ship quicker!