Having been to Vegas over 25 times, you could say that our Travel Expert Sue Harriman knows a thing or two about ‘Sin City’. And although they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, we managed to get a few tips from her on what to experience when you visit.
1. How many times have you visited Las Vegas?
2. What makes you an expert in Las Vegas?
My parents had a condo in Las Vegas for 10 years and it became my second home. I have been to so many differnt restaurants and shows in Vegas and have lots of knowledge on what to do and how to do it.
3. What is your favourite attraction in Las Vegas?
The Highroller at night; it offers the most amazing views of the Strip.
4. What surprised you the most about Las Vegas?
How many deals you can get there. You do not have to spend a lot of money in Vegas unless you have very bad luck at gambling.
5. What made you fall in love with Las Vegas?
The energy, there is always something going on!
6. What’s your favourite memory about Las Vegas?
New Years; the fireworks and the bottle service! The rest of the story remains in Vegas of course 😉
7. What are your top 3 Las Vegas tips that you would give a client travelling there?
- Book your shows when you get there at the ‘tix for tonite’ unless there is a big name you really want to see.
- Get off the strip and do a trip to Red Rock as it is only 1 hour from the strip.
- Visit downtown one night and get a steak and lobster meal for $11.99
8. Why do you think it’s important for people to visit Las Vegas?
It is unlike any other place in the world, and you need to go there for yourself to understand what I mean.
9. What things would you recommend someone pack for a trip to Las Vegas?
Sunscreen and comfortable walking shoes, anything else you can buy at Ross.