In the world of fashion, electronics and car manufacturing, everyone is always waiting for the latest line of goods. The travel industry is no different. Every year, airlines look to capture a new market by introducing a new destination or two. Sometimes the buzz is not about the destination itself but what will get you there as airlines roll out their new equipment, and sometimes it’s both.
Looking for the hottest new routes? Wondering what next year’s IT spot might be? Well, wonder no more. From the freshest Airbus aircraft to intriguing island additions, we’ve mapped out the best of what’s to come to us here in Canada. All new routes below are available for booking now. Enjoy!
Vancouver – Hong Kong
Airline: Cathay Pacific
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900
Flight Numbers: CX855/856
Start Date: 28th March 2017
- Cathay Pacific recently announced the addition of 3 weekly flights to their popular Vancouver – Hong Kong route.
- Cathay Pacific currently operates 14 flights per week on this route and the additional flights will bring their total to 17 per week.
- The new flight will be operated by Cathay’s newest aircraft, the Airbus A350-900.
- The new flight will operate from Vancouver on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday each week, carrying flight number CX855. The flight will depart Vancouver at 09:25am and arrive in Hong Kong at 1:45pm, the following day.
- The return leg from Hong Kong will operate on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as well, carrying flight number CX856. The flight will depart Hong Kong at 11:00am and arrive in Vancouver at 07:55am, the same day.
- This flight will be historic in that it will be the first ever scheduled air service by an Airbus A350 to/from Canada.
- Cathay Pacific took delivery of their first Airbus A350 on 28th May 2016 and currently have 4 in their fleet.
- Cathay’s A350 aircraft will operate in a 3 class configuration, featuring all new Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class cabins on board.
Whether you’re here for an international business conference, a food fair or an over-the-top shopping experience, you’re in the right place. There’s no doubt that 2017 will be a big year for Hong Kong as it hosts its annual festivities including The Hong Kong Marathon (Feb 12), Hong Kong Film Festival (TBA) and Asia’s premier art event, the Art Basel Hong Kong (Mar 23-25). Geek out at the Hong Kong Electronics Show (Apr 13-16) or cheer on your favourite at the Dragon Boat Festival (May 30). Everywhere you look, there will be something going on!
Vancouver – Delhi, India
Airline: Air Canada
Aircraft: Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner
Flight Numbers: AC72/71
Start Date: 20th October 2016
- Air Canada will commence non-stop service from Vancouver to Delhi, India on the 20th October 2016.
- This flight will mark Air Canada’s second non-stop flight from Canada to Delhi, complementing their service from Toronto which began in Dec 2015. This service goes daily from October 30th.
- Air Canada’s Vancouver – Delhi flight will operate 3 times per week as seasonal service, finishing on the 6th April, as currently scheduled.
- The new flight will operate from Vancouver on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday each week, carrying flight number AC72. The flight will depart Vancouver at 9:40pm and arrive in Delhi at 12:20am, 2 days later.
- The return leg from Delhi will operate on Monday, Thursday and Saturday each week, carrying flight number AC73. The flight will depart Delhi at 6:30am and arrive in Vancouver at 6:55am, the same day.
- The flight will be operated by Air Canada’s Boeing 787-900 aircraft in a 3 class configuration with their newest Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class cabins.
- Air Canada currently have 13 Boeing 787-900 aircraft in service with orders for many more to come.
After you yoga your heart out, sample some blazing curries and sweet street-chai, hit the festival trail! Rann Utsav, Diwali, the India Art Fair and the Holi Cow! Festival will all be going down this fall and winter, offering the perfect escape from Canada’s cold. Celebrations are held throughout the country honouring everything from food and dance to camels and elephants. So what will it be? The Sunburn Music Festival or Independence Rock? I’m stuck on the Pushkar Camel Fair myself.
Toronto – Belize City, Belize
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700/800
Flight Numbers: WS2604/2605
Start Date: 29th October 2016
- WestJet will commence non-stop service from Toronto – Belize City on 29th October 2016.
- This will be the first and only non-stop scheduled air service between Canada and the country of Belize.
- WestJet will operate this flight twice per week and although departing Toronto, there are connections available from the majority of Canadian cities with WestJet (some may require overnight stays in Toronto).
- The new flight will operate from Toronto on Wednesday and Saturday, carrying flight number WS2604. The flight will depart Toronto at 09:15am and arrive in Belize City at 12:59pm.
- The return leg from Belize City will operate on Wednesday and Saturday, carrying flight number WS2605. The flight will depart Belize City at 1:50pm and arrive in Toronto at 7:00pm.
- WestJet will operate a mix of their Boeing 737-700 and 800 aircraft on this route.
- WestJet offer 3 different fare types to customers, Econo, Flex and Plus. Each fare type has different inclusions which are important to consider before purchasing your ticket.
Let’s be honest, you won’t fill your schedule with festivals in this small Caribbean nation, and that’s just fine. Belize impresses with its breathtaking nature, both on land and sea, and of that there is plenty. Snorkelers and divers know it well. Boasting a portion of the world’s second largest coral reef, the diving here is second to none and The Blue Hole is always a major draw. Explore sprawling Mayan sites or comb the beaches of Ambergris Caye; cozy up in a jungle retreat or head for the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary in hopes of spotting the elusive jaguar – really, what more do you need?
Toronto – Palm Springs CA
Airline: Air Canada rouge
Aircraft: Airbus A319
Flight Numbers: AC1826/1827
Start Date: 14th December 2016
- Air Canada rouge are gearing up to launch their first non-stop flights from Toronto to Palm Springs, California.
- The flight will operate three times per week and further enhances Air Canada rouge’s connectivity to Palm Springs, particularly for travellers on the East Coast.
- The new flight will operate from Toronto on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, carrying flight number AC1827. The flight will depart Toronto at 8:45am and arrive in Palm Springs at 10:56am.
- The return leg from Palm Springs will operate on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, carrying flight number AC1826. The flight will depart Palm Springs at 11:45am and arrive in Toronto at 7:00pm.
- Air Canada rouge will operate a 136-seat Airbus A319 aircraft on this route and will offer the choice of Economy as well as Premium rouge on this service.
More than just a desert oasis surrounded by golf courses, today’s Palm Springs shines with a bevy of things to do. The Villagefest Street Festival takes over the downtown district every Thursday with street performers, artist, musicians and markets. Exquisite drag shows duel with lively karaoke bars and Joshua Tree National Park is a short drive away. Sample a locally grown prix fixe tasting menu at a supper club before taking to the skies to see it all unravel from the Aerial Tramway. Get your art on at the Palm Springs Art Museum or by touring the city’s collection of ultra-modern homes on an architecture tour. Did we mention there’s golf?
Toronto – Guangzhou, China
Airline: China Southern
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Flight Numbers: CZ311/312
Start Date: 7th December 2016
- China Southern is coming to Toronto! They have announced new non-stop service from Guangzhou – Toronto commencing 7th December 2016.
- The flight will operate three times per week and will be China Southern’s second destination in Canada, following their many years of success in Vancouver.
- The new flight will operate from Toronto on Monday, Thursday and Saturday, carrying flight number CZ312. The flight will depart Toronto at 12:30am and arrive in Guangzhou at 5:10am, the following day.
- The return leg from Guangzhou will operate on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, carrying flight number CZ311. The flight will depart Guangzhou at 2:30pm and arrive in Toronto at 4:30pm, the same day.
- The flight will be operated by China Southern’s brand new Boeing 777-300ER in a 4 class configuration.
- China Southern will offer passengers the choice of Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First Class.
- Eligible foreign tourists can transit (stop-over) in Guangzhou for up to 72 hours, visa-free, and experience all this city has to offer en route to their final destination.
- China Southern operates an extensive global network of destinations throughout Asia, Australia, South Pacific, Middle East and Europe.
With a population of over 12 million, it’s hard to believe that Guangzhou is only China’s third largest city. Sparkling new skyscrapers on the banks of the Pearl River add a modern dimension to the otherwise ancient port city formerly known as Canton. Only a catamaran ride away from Hong Kong, the city is home to the annual Import and Export Fair drawing thousands. More fun, however, are the pandas and elephants of Shenzhen Safari Park. Add a visit to the Buddhist Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, some incredible Cantonese food and you’ve got a destination more than worthy of a visit.
Toronto – Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Airline: Air Canada rouge
Aircraft: Boeing 767-300ER
Flight Numbers: AC1880/1881
Start Date: 21st December 2016
- Air Canada rouge is expanding their Caribbean network with the addition of flights to Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Flights will initially be offered twice weekly from Toronto.
- The new flight will operate from Toronto on Wednesday and Friday, carrying flight number AC1880. The flight will depart Toronto at 09:00am and arrive in Port of Spain at 3:25pm.
- The return leg from Port of Spain will operate on Wednesday and Friday, carrying flight number AC1881. The flight will depart Port of Spain at 4:45pm and arrive in Toronto at 9:35pm.
- Air Canada rouge will operate this service using a 282-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft. Customers will have the choice between Economy Class and Premium rouge on board these flights.
- The flights are timed to offer convenient connections for guests all over Canada as well as many US cities and international destinations.
Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just in time for the holidays, New Year festivities and best of all, Carnival, Trinidad & Tobago is where you want to be. Playing beautifully off each other, Trinidad’s urban bustle needs Tobago’s laid-back disposition and charm. While sea turtles nest on Tobago’s secluded beaches, steel-drums pound the soundtrack to boisterous street parties exploding in colourful song and dance, Carnival season or not. Get the best of both worlds in a single visit and whatever you do, do not forget to try the roti!