Published on December 6th, 2012 | by Emma Hackwood0
Put the WOW Factor in your Next Destination Meeting
A destination meeting might as well be at home if you’re stuck in a boardroom all day. Flight Centre’s Brenda Vallette shares her top 5 reasons why Atlantis Paradise Island resort in the Bahamas is the perfect place for your next destination meeting.
If you’re looking for an amazing destination to gather your sales folks, Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas offers convention and meeting facilities like you would expect from any 5-star property. But what will put the “wow” in your agenda and hence the “wow” in your Team is the resort’s array of options for dining, team building activities and entertainment. Co-workers rarely bond in a meeting room, but they do with memorable shared experiences, laughter and fun. Here is where Atlantis hits a home-run for your business!
Here are my Top 5 reasons to journey to this “lost civilization” and make Atlantis your next choice for a business meeting or incentive trip:
1. Location, location, location: A 3-hour flight from Toronto makes the Bahamas an easy choice for a 3 or 4 night stay.
2. Meeting and convention facilities: From boardrooms to ballrooms; whatever the size of your group, Atlantis can accommodate them in style. Or luxury entertaining on the Carrousel Yacht, anyone?
3. Entertainment and Team Building Activities: A 141 acre water park (need I say more), rock climbing, golf, spa, casino, fitness centre, blue water adventures, dolphin cay, live music and Aura nightclub will knock their socks off. THIS is the wow factor. My favourite tube ride splashed through the shark tank — yes, THROUGH the shark tank.
4. Food their mouths will thank you for: The wow factor continues with celebrity chef dining. I’m an Alberta girl, raised on the best beef in the country but I count the filet mignon at Chef Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill amongst the most memorable I have eaten. A dessert you must try at the casual Bimini Road in the resort’s Marina Village: Traditional Guava Duff with Nassau Rum Sauce.
5. Friendly, safe, secure: You have a duty of care responsibility to your employees and colleagues. Atlantis and the Bahamas have some of the friendliest people I have ever met in the Caribbean. The resort itself makes security and safety a priority, as noted by the number of lifeguards, first aid and security staff throughout the property. No worries for you.
I joined a group of 19 colleagues — most of whom I knew only through email or phone — for a few days at this incredible resort. When work time was over, we had hours of tubing fun in the waterpark, then shared laughter over dinner and drinks. And I believe that the Dolphin Cay experience forges connections that months or even years of working together in the workplace cannot provide.
Looking for more information on travelling to the Bahamas or to Atlantis for a destination business meeting? Contact one of our Business Travel Managers
The Bahamas have been highlighted on the Flight Centre travel map.