To ensure all voyages are safe for both guests and crew, Hurtigruten has introduced several new procedures.
Safety is always the number one priority. That’s why it’s important for Hurtigruten that their guests understand how they work to protect against infectious diseases onboard their ships.
Some of these procedures and dates will be adjusted ongoing based on how the pandemic is developing and guidelines from authorities.
What Hurtigruten Is Doing
- Social distancing: They are adjusting their onboard operations fleet wide, to facilitate for the recommended social distancing.
- Face masks: All crew will wear face masks or face shields in public areas onboard the ships.
- Cleaning: They regularly disinfect the entire ship, including all cabins, using certified cleaning products.
What Guests Do
- Self-declaration form: All guests must provide a self-declaration form which ensures the safety of you, your fellow passengers and Hurtigruten’s crew.
- Fever scan: Upon embarkation, you will go through a contactless fever scan to record your temperature.
- Testing: Guests and crew will be tested before embarkation on our expedition cruises.
You are required to hand in a self-declaration form. This ensures the safety of you, your fellow passengers and Hurtigruten’s crew on your sailing.
Embarkation and disembarkation
Negative COVID-19 tests will be required by all crew and guests before embarking on expedition cruises. Guest affected by these testing measures will receive information on the testing requirements before travelling.
To facilitate social distancing, Hurtigruten will limit the number of guests in restaurants, lecture halls, swimming pool, sauna and gym.
Masks and facial cover
Hurtigruten has taken several measures to enable social distancing onboard their ships. For additional safety face masks will be required onboard in certain situations, starting October 15th.
By using the latest technology, certified cleaning products and disinfectants, Hurtigruten welcomes their guests to a 100% clean onboard environment. In addition to thorough daily cleaning, public areas and cabins will be fully disinfected on a regular basis. Sanitizing stations are placed in all public areas.
Food and beverage
Hurtigruten will have more seating sessions and individual plating instead of self-service buffets. The kitchen will uphold its usual high standards of hygiene and quality. There are hand washing stations outside all restaurants.
Excursions and going ashore
Hurtigruten is working closely with their partners to ensure their shore excursions are in line with national and industry guidelines, as well as the procedures on their ships. This may mean that some shore excursions are temporarily unavailable or that they have been adjusted to comply with these requirements.
Along the Norwegian coast, Hurtigruten has a nurse as part of the crew and is never far from land and access to the onshore health service; meanwhile, their expedition ships always have a hospital, a doctor and at least one assistant nurse on board.