Published on January 21st, 2015 | by Emma Hackwood0
Prepare to be Wowed by Royal Caribbean
Are you a first time cruiser? Our Travel Consultant Leanne shares her first cruise experience on-board the Liberty of the Seas with Royal Caribbean, and why you should consider taking one too!
It was love at first sight as soon as I laid eyes on the massive ship I was about to embark upon. I was simply in awe! The Liberty of The Seas is just over 1,100 feet of pure magic both inside and out. This past December I sailed with Royal Caribbean on my first ever cruise and I just had to share the experience.
From the moment I stepped out of the elevator and on too the Royal Promenade, to the time I walked off the gangway on our first at port day, I was consistently saying “WOW”! It’s not very often that my expectations are exceeded, but Royal Caribbean did a fantastic job of showing me what a world class cruise line has to offer.
While on board I tried to experience as much as I possibly could; I pre-booked my Broadway show and saw Saturday Fever on stage. I dined at the specialty restaurant Chops, and ate like a Queen. I sipped margaritas on the upper deck while I watched surf pros rip it up on the surf simulator, Flow Rider. At times, I found myself forgetting that I was even on a ship.
If you are a first time cruiser like I was, here are a few things I recommended you do to maximize your on-board experience.
5 tips for planning your first cruise
- Pre book your show time to make sure you get the time slot you want.
- Order 2 desserts at dinner, they come at the same time and you will be able to enjoy more of their tasty treats.
- Catch a sunset on a sea day – the view is impeccable.
- Bring a beach bag- it makes everything so much easier!
- Skip the WIFI package – with so many things to entertain yourself with, there is no need to spend the extra money!
My overall experience with Royal Caribbean was truly one of a kind. They thought of every last detail and provided service with a smile everywhere I went. Truly a Royal experience!