Aloha Quilt Cruise
Escape to Paradise on the Aloha Quilt Cruise!
Escape to Hawaii and enjoy beautiful ports, a luxurious cruise ship and a variety of creative quilting workshops. Join Brandy Maslowski, Host of Canadian Quilt Talk and Cathy Miller, The Singing Quilter and connect with fellow quilters as you treat yourself to some fun in the sun!
Your Travel Guides:
Cathy Miller has travelled the world, singing for quilting events, guild meetings, shows and cruises and she is known as "The Singing Quilter." To date she has performed for over 700 quilting guilds at events on three continents. That's an audience of over 70,000 quilters in all! She's also an established quilter and teacher who aims to encourage the creative spark in each and every class.
Balcony Staterooms $3268.40 per person taxes included *
Oceanview Staterooms $2938.40 per person taxes included *
Inside staterooms $2278.40 per person taxes included*
*pricing is based on double occupancy
Fibre Art Frenzy (1 day) kit fee
Holiday Table Topper sponsored by Northcott Silks Inc. (1 day) FREE KIT provided
Crazy Quilted Pineapple Messenger Bag (1 day) kit fee
Inklingo Ocean Table Runner (1 day) kit fee
Hawaiian Mock Mola (1 day) kit fee
State of the Hexie (1 day) kit fee
Fractured Mock Mola (2 day) kit fee
- The Aloha Quilt Cruise blog with travel communication and updates.
- A welcome aboard cocktail party.
- The Aloha Quilt Cruise souvenir tote bag.
- A mini mystery creative project.
- A pre-cruise fabric postcard exchange.
- A quilt giveaway sponsored by Northcott Silks Inc.
- A Janome quilt machine for every 2 students (share with your roommate).
- A free spool of Aurifil thread.
- 1 free (5 fat quarter) kit per student for the Holiday Table Topper workshop. sponsored by Northcotts Silk Inc. and Brandy Lynn Designs.
- Required kit purchase for each class so you don't have to bring any fabric.
- All quilters can take all classes and all classes are optional so no disappointment with a full class and if you need a day to relax, it's up to you.
- 8 full sea days of workshops.
- Two inspiring trunk shows by our featured teachers.
- On board quilting kits and products available at the mini quilt shop.
- Group keepsake photo.
- Plenty of surprises and door prizes throughout the cruise.
Plus ... You and your roommate will share a JANOME sewing machine for the entire cruise! So no travelling with your sewing machine. The JANOME sewing machines will be equipped with the extended table and a quilting kit with all those special feet you need for your quilting adventure. There's no need to bring your sewing machine all the way from home. Visit the Janome website (http://www.janome.ca/) for more great info!
During our sewing classes, we will be using spools of Aurifil™ thread. Each cruiser will be provided a free spool of 50wt. thread. Aurifil™ thread is perfectly suited for every quilt project. Learn more about this wonderful thread at www.aurifil.com.
Cruise Line: Princess Cruises
Ship Name: Star Princess
Sail Date: 19 September 2015
Sailing Length: 15 Days
Port Count: 4
Embarkation Port: VANCOUVER, BC
Disembarkation Port: VANCOUVER, BC
2015 Aloha Quilt Cruise Itinerary
Dates: September 19 2015 - 04 October 2015
Board Ship between 1-3 ship sails at 4pm
Welcome Aboard Meeting with Brandy and Cathy
September 20 At Sea
Quilting Activities :
Trunk Show with Brandy Lynn
Mystery Hand Project
Opening Concert with Cathy Miller
September 21 At Sea
Holiday Table Topper.
This class is sponsored by Northcott Fabrics. Kit is included
September 22 At Sea
State of the Art Hexie*
September 23 At sea
Pineapple Messenger Bag*
September 24 at sea
Hawaiian Mock Mola*
September 25 Hilo
September 26 Maui
September 27 Honolulu (Hawaiian Quilting Class*)
September 28 Kauai
September 29 At Sea
Inklingo Mug Rugs*
September 30 at Sea
Fractured Mola Day 1*
October 1 At Sea
Fractured Mola Day 2*
October 2 at sea
Fiber Art Frenzy*
October 3 at Sea
Farewell concert and Grand prize Quilt Giveaway
October 4 Home in Vancouver
*These classes will have kit fee. The kit fee is TBA.
Take one of the awesome classes with Brandy and Cathy or feel free to come and work on one of your own projects from home. Show and tell is a must!