Holland America Line's first Vista-class cruise ship, ms Oosterdam has delighted guests since her maiden voyage. Now, as part of a $300 million fleet enhancement initiative, Oosterdam recently emerged from dry dock showcasing a host of exciting updates, including new lounge, dining and entertainment venues, and completely refreshed suites.
While on board, choose from an array of onboard activities that allow you to pursue new interests or relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy onboard cooking shows and hands-on workshops in partnership with America's Test Kitchen. Learn how to edit, display and share your vacation videos and photographs through our Digital Workshop powered by Windows. And explore the wonders of our world through exclusive BBC Earth natural history content through onboard activities, concerts and films. The Greenhouse Spa & Salon offers spa treatments, a thermal pool and lounge and a variety of salon services. Our fully equipped Fitness Center includes state-of-the-art cardio and weight machines, as well as classes in Yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling and more. On deck enjoy two outdoor pools, along with basketball and volleyball courts.
Club HAL provides a wide variety of youth and teen-friendly activities for kids ages 3 to 17, supervised by qualified, full-time staff.
Guests now have more world-class entertainment options than ever before. Live music has always been the heart and soul of evenings aboard Holland America Line, and now Oosterdam features the full Music Walk experience - with three exciting venues. Lincoln Center Stage, featuring world-class musicians performing chamber music, and Billboard Onboard, rocking the house with 50 years of chart-topping hits, join the already popular B.B. King's Blues Club, which brings the best of Memphis blues to sea, and completes our new "Music Walk" experience.
- Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
- Passenger capacity: 1,964
- Gross Tonnage: 82,305 grt.
- Length: 936 feet
- Beam: 105.8 feet
- Maximum Speed: 24 knots
If you're looking for the ultimate cruising experience that you'll remember for a lifetime, you've come aboard the right ship.
The ship of Holland America's Oosterdam is well equipped to accommodate all of your activity possibilities. From the moment you embark this vessel to the second before you disembark, you're guaranteed to become so occupied that it will be virtually impossible to keep track of the days nor the hour.
- Club HAL, dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12
- The Loft, designed exclusively for teens to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age
- The Greenhouse Spa & Salon features thermal suites, a hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy pool, heated ceramic lounges and more
- Lido Pool: Warm days with light, salty breezes are made for lounging poolside with an icy beverage in one hand and an epic novel in the other. Does this count as doing something or doing nothing? You'll soon know...
- Concierge Lounge
- Shore Excursions
- Explorer's Lounge: Make yourself comfortable. The Explorer's Lounge is your space -- an inviting arena of rich hues and warm smiles -- in which to relax with a cookie or a cocktail.
World-renowned master chef Reiner Greubel leads our award-winning culinary staff in providing extensive dining options, including "light & healthy" items, continental and ethnic cuisines, and vegetarian dishes. All are available in a range of dining venues.
- Vista Lounge: Smart and sophisticated, the Vista Lounge whispers excitement long before the curtain rises. Watch a dazzling off-Broadway show and, in a blaze of light and color, you are instantly transported into another world.
- The Lido Restaurant offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties
- The intimate reservations-only Pinnacle Grill offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience and features premium hand-selected cuts of Sterling Silver Beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens
Close your eyes and imagine the most thrill seeking entertainment options that surpasses any and all entertainment that you will ever experience. What you're imagining right now would be the vessel of Holland America's Oosterdam. This ship has more to offer than just the superb view of the open seas. No matter how you plan on spending your nights here, you'll become well entertained.
- Piano Bar: The sleek and futuristic Piano Bar is a study of form and function, texture and taste. Soak it all in as a talented musician nimbly tickles the ivories.
- Ocean Bar: Stylish, jaunty tones and maritime motifs bring seasoned seafarers to the Ocean Bar. Rub shoulders with other "old salts" as you swap tales of journeys past.
- Neptune Lounge: At your service is the Neptune Lounge's Concierge, exclusively available to Penthouse and Deluxe Verandah Suite guests. Relax here over breakfast pastries with your favorite newspaper, or gather for evening hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in this timeless, genteel setting.
- Explorer's Lounge: Contemporary furnishings and a relaxed atmosphere -- these are the essential ingredients for the understated elegance of the Explorer's Lounge. This meeting place for friends old and new offers intimate seating for small gatherings.
- Cigar Room: Reminiscent of a Victorian society club, the Cigar Room is where a post-prandial Macanudo or Arturo cigar and a fine cognac are vices not only permitted, but encouraged. A humidor keeps the former in perfect condition, while the latter is hand-selected by the on-board sommelier and ranges from VS to XO.
The Digital Workshop powered by Microsoft Windows: Guests will be able to "show and tell" their vacation memories, learning how to share all their digital memories through email, blogging and social networking - so friends and family can see where they've been cruising even before they return home. Free workshops taught by Microsoft-trained "techsperts" make it easy and fun, even for novices.
The Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine Magazine: our state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen offering interactive gourmet cooking lessons taught by our own Master Chefs or culinary guests.
Greenhouse Spa & Salon: features heavenly beauty and wellness rituals. Enjoy a facial, hot stone massage, steam in a thermal suite and have your hair and nails done for a special evening.
Vista Dining Room: features impeccable service and an extensive wine list. Five-course menus include continental cuisine, vegetarian and low-carb options.
Pinnacle Grill: This intimate reservations-only venue offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience. Featuring premium Sterling Silver beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens.
Lido Restaurant: offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties.
Explorations Cafe, powered by The New York Times: a comfortable, coffee house environment where you can browse through an extensive library, surf the Internet and check email or simply read the morning paper.
Vista Show Lounge: features talented vocalists, dancers, illusionists, comedians and variety acts.
Crow's Nest: offers sweeping 270 degree views during the day, and a hip, fashionable nightclub each evening.
Club HAL: our dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 - 12; activities are supervised and age appropriate.
The Loft: designed exclusively for teens (13 - 17) to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age.
On Holland America Line cruises, your every wish is our pleasure to fulfill
Always at the heart of the Holland America cruise experience is our warm and award-winning style of service that is never in the way and never out of reach. We sail with nearly one crew member for every two guests, providing the intuitive, gracious service that has long defined classic cruising. Our extensive onboard services, from special dining requests to full service laundry and dry cleaning services, are designed with your comfort and convenience in mind. Our specially trained crew takes pride in anticipating and fulfilling your every wish. From our waiters and bartenders to our chefs and wine experts, our spa technicians and fitness instructors to our officers and housekeeping staff, everyone is dedicated to providing you with the gracious and personalized service that will make your cruise vacation memorable. On board the ships of Holland America Line you'll discover a cruise experience that is modern, fresh and appealing - in an ambiance that is timeless and refined.
Entertainment & Nightlife
Dazzling entertainment options abound on board Oosterdam. The new Lincoln Center Stage and Billboard Onboard venues join the already popular B.B. King's Blues Club for a complete new "Music Walk" experience.
Entertainment offered onboard Oosterdam:
- B.B. King's Blues Club
- Lincoln Center Stage
- Billboard Onboard
- The Main Stage
- Ocean Bar
- Gallery Bar
- Pinnacle Bar
- Movies in the Screening Room
Enjoy everything from a burger and fries by the Lido Pool to the authentic Pan-Asian flavors of Tamarind to the ultimate in refined and luxurious dining at the Pinnacle Grill.
Dining venues on Oosterdam:
- The Pinnacle Grill
- Master Chef's Table Pop Up (available on 8+ night cruises)
- Sel de Mer Pop Up
- The Dining Room
- Lido Market
Onboard activities abound, including exclusive BBC Earth Experiences: learn about the ocean and natural world through amazing concerts, films, shows, and children's activities. Hone video-editing, movie-making, and scrapbook skills in the Digital Workshop powered by Windows, rejuvenate at our Greenhouse Spa, go to a wine tasting or simply relax and unwind.
Activities offered onboard Oosterdam:
- America's Test Kitchen
- BBC Earth Experiences
- Digital Workshop, powered by Windows
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon
- Club HAL and The Loft
- Two swimming pools
- Fitness Center
- Basketball & Volleyball courts
- The Shops of Holland America Line
Each New Day, a Wealth of Cruise Activity and Indulgences
Every day aboard a Holland America cruise ship brings a wealth of cruise activities and indulgences, along with the freedom to partake in as many - or as few - as you please. It's an opportunity to try something new that surprises you, every day. Dabble, discover, daydream - do everything, or do nothing at all.
Whether you want to workout in the Fitness Center, learn yoga, pamper yourself with a massage and spa treatment, or listen to music and check your email in the Explorations Cafe, there's a perfect onboard activity for everyone.
In every cruise port, make your cruise vacation even more memorable with our extensive Shore Excursions program of activities. See, explore, discover: arts and cultural activities, athletic expeditions, city tours, shopping and more on our cruises.