No more queueing up at currency exchange windows, paying exorbitant service fees on top of unfriendly exchange rates and no more hanging on to credit card purchase receipts from that whirlwind business trip. In a first-of-its-kind move, Air Canada and CIBC have partnered to launch the CIBC Air Canada AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card, a reloadable credit card holding up to 10 foreign currencies.
Designed for the business travel market, Canada’s flag carrying airline and banking giant, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, invite frequent business travellers to spend like a local in 45 countries around the world with 24/7 support. The card has no annual fee and is free to sign up for.
The perfect multi-currency prepaid cards can be easily managed through an app or online and funds can be moved between currencies at the touch of a screen. Purchase foreign currency at your convenience at a fixed exchange rate and get one free ATM withdrawal per country each month.
- Managing up to 10 currencies online or via the card’s mobile app without worry of fluctuating foreign exchange rates.
- Making point-of-sale, ‘tap and pay’ transactions, ATM withdrawals and online purchases anywhere Visa is accepted – automatically in the local currency.
- No additional fees when used at retailers.
- Ability to view latest activities and purchases, check card balances as well as move funds between currencies.
- Chip and PIN security, emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement bring peace of mind to cardholders.
“Air Canada carries 41 million customers each year to more than 200 destinations on six continents. To make their travels more convenient, we have partnered with CIBC to create a prepaid global currency card. This innovative card gives travellers flexibility and security when dealing with foreign currencies so they can focus on exploring new places.” – Duncan Bureau, VP, Global Sales, Air Canada
Australian Dollar (AUD)
Canadian Dollar (CAD)
Great British Pound (GBP)
Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Mexican Peso (MXN)
Swiss Franc (CHF)
Turkish Lira (TRY)
U.S. Dollar (USD)
Travel expense sheets have never been easier to produce and reporting is a breeze with the ability to view the latest activities in any of the loaded currencies at any time. Simply print your business related transactions and submit to your accountant upon return. Save both time and money and shop like a local no matter where you are.
Looking to put your new multi-currency prepaid card to good use? Book your upcoming business trip in store or by calling 1 844 801 6615 today.