Cruise novices and obsessives alike have a lot to look forward to on the open seas this coming year: sailings through Alaska, a dazzling trek through the Caribbean seas, a Mediterranean getaway, and more.
So whether you want to squeeze an introductory cruise into your tight schedule or you’re ready to dive head-first into the odyssey of a lifetime, we’ve got you covered.
Best 2022 Cruises for First-Timers
Duration: 10 Days
Start: Fort Lauderdale
End: Fort Lauderdale
Destinations: Fort Lauderdale, Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Fort Lauderdale
Ship: Celebrity Reflection
There are shades of blue that only those who have experienced the Eastern Caribbean have seen. Join that club. Every palm-shaded beach, every waterfall, every mountain seems almost too dreamy to be true. You may wonder for years to come, “Did I really snorkel in Turtle Bay? Did I really soar above the rainforest of Antigua? Did I really hike the Piton mountains?”
Duration: 7 Days
Destinations: Seattle, Ketchican, Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria, Seattle
Ship: Discovery Princess
What’s your travel language? Princess Cruises’ choices of travel style let you spell out the details. Spot mountain goats and brown bears as you cruise through arctic fjords. Visit the world’s oldest collection of totem pols in Ketchikan. Try axe-throwing or glacier hiking in Juneau. However you experience Alaska, do it on your own terms.
Duration: 7 Days
Destinations: Venice, Dubrovnik, Mykonos, Santorini, Split, Venice
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas
You’ve made it. To the gondolas and Gothic architecture of Venice. To the irresistible scenes of Greece’s archipelago. To the warm, shimmering shorelines of Croatia’s many islands. So take it all in! Now is your time to cycle through Santorini, to feel the spirit of fjaka -and above all- to experience the Mediterranean in ways you’ve never imagined.
4. The Bahamas with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Duration: 5 days
Start: Port Canaveral
End: Port Canaveral
Destinations: Port Canaveral, Perfect Day at Cococay, Nassau
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
If you asked a kid to design a Caribbean cruise, their answer would look exactly like this Bahamian expedition by Royal Caribbean. From the giant balloon rides and canopy of zip lines to the kid-friendly menus and bubble-gum coloured water parks, every second of this getaway is a dream. So, unleash your playful side and scream your way down the tallest water slide on the continent, splash around the beach, and enjoy some epic quality time with the fam.
Duration: 5 Days
Start: San Diego
Destinations: San Diego, Victoria, Vancouver
Gourmet cruising. Have you caught on yet? Get a taste of cruising with Holland America Line’s mini-expedition along the Pacific Coast. You’ll indulge in award-winning dining experiences like Pinnacle Grill steakhouse, Nami Sushi, and Rudi’s Sel de Mer. Pair your scenic journey with daily entertainment, casino games, and lots of relaxation and pampering.
6. Western Caribbean Cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line
Duration: 7 Days
Destinations: Miami, Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Ship: Norwegian Joy
Psst… Here are 7 Quick Tips for First-Time Cruisers
- Always look at the ship map! Don’t just choose a stateroom based on price alone. If you’re worried about seasickness, opt for a midship stateroom below the waterline.
- You can book local shore excursions, not just the ones organized by your cruise line.
- Take advantage of your days at sea to really unwind.
- If you like low-key getaways, a river cruise may be a better fit than an ocean cruise.
- Flight Centre’s Travel Experts can offer exclusive cruise rates that you can’t find online!
- You gotta try the specialty restaurants on board!
- Cruise lines are more accessible than ever before. Ask your Expert Traveller about the top picks for low-sensory cruises, mobility accommodations, hearing and visual accommodations, menus for dietary restrictions, and support for travellers with chronic conditions.
If you’re curious about cruising in 2022, talking to one of our Travel Experts could be the smartest decision you make all year. Just call anytime, chat with us online, or drop anchor in the Flight Centre store nearest you.