Published on May 26th, 2017 | by Alyssa Daniells0
Direct from London! Ride the new Eurostar London to Amsterdam route.
Good news, Europe-bound travellers!
Eurostar just announced new direct service from London to Amsterdam, starting later this year. The train ride connects these two must-see European cities in under four hours.
The route is set to launch in time for the busy holiday season and its charming Christmas markets, popular with Europeans and tourists alike.
One of the many things we love about Europe is the relatively short distance between its great cities. If you’re already across the pond in London, this affordable Eurostar train route makes Amsterdam a mere hop away.
Eurostar trains will run twice daily from central London’s St. Pancras International railway station, into the heart of Amsterdam.
The journey between London and Amsterdam accounts for a whopping three million leisure air travellers per year. Eurostar’s existing service currently has a two-hour changeover in Brussels, Belgium, making air a more favourable travel option. This new direct service is expected to convert many air travellers to rail. Not only will a train ride possibly cost less tourists will be able to see more of the English and Dutch terrain onboard Eurostar.
This route also offers convenience and savings to business travellers who would normally fly between the key financial hubs of London and Amsterdam.
Another in-demand Dutch city, Rotterdam, will also join Eurostar’s direct service from London, with no dates confirmed yet.
Eurostar London to Amsterdam travel tips:
- St. Pancras station is one of the most photogenic of its kind. Its stunning Victorian façade was featured in films, including Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets.
- Make sure you the correct currencies for both destinations: British pounds and Euros.
- Speaking of Harry Potter, King’s Cross Station is beside St. Pancras, and if you’re a fan, you can visit the ‘real’ Platform 9 ¾.
- Eurostar rail tickets usually go on sale 3 months in advance. Book as early as you can for the best price.
- Pressed for time? Consider hopping on the Eurostar for a day trip to Paris (or London, depending on which city you’re departing from.) Trains run between St. Pancras and Garde du Nord.
The Eurostar train revolutionized travel between the UK and continental Europe, with service from London to Paris via its underwater rail tunnel, famously known as ‘the Chunnel.’ Over twenty years later, the company continues to streamline service to European cities.
Talk to one of our Airfare Experts, who just happen to know a thing or two about Europe rail travel, too! Visit us in store or call 1 877 967 5302.
Don’t forget to sign up for our free Club Red newsletters for exclusive deals, contests, travel news and blogs!