This December, our Fare of the Month is the Mexico Explorer – Aeromexico’s route to Puerto Vallarta and Mexico City. Aeromexico operates up to five daily nonstop flights between Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta, for a total of 46 destinations within Mexico alone. Getting there from the Great White North has never been easier with direct flights leaving from Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. Start your trip off right with Aeromexico’s free checked baggage service, a delicious meal onboard, a refreshing beverage of the non-alcoholic variety (or, of the alcoholic variety after 11 a.m.), and then sit back and enjoy your flight aboard a Boeing 737-800, some of the sleekest aircraft in the industry. There is so much to explore from Mexico‘s Pacific coast to Caribbean coast and everywhere in between. Start here.
On a small beach just north of Puerto Vallarta, in the Riviera Nayarit, the sand is the colour of cinnamon, flashing flecks of gold sand glimmer in the sunlight, and vibrant jewel tones of blue and teal ocean waves gracefully curl and bend flat along the Pacific shores. It’s a tropical paradise here, something that it shares in common with beach town neighbour, Puerto Vallarta. The Riviera Nayarit continues where Puerto Vallarta leaves off. Millions of people flock here to indulge in delicious Mexican fare and the picture perfect beaches. Not to mention, Puerto Vallarta is the gay beach capital of Mexico, welcoming the LGBTQ community from around the world to a safe and inclusive environment. Puerto Vallarta is one of the best all-around choices for beach destinations on the Pacific coast of Mexico for its swimmable beaches and all-inclusive resort options.
Just north of Puerto Vallarta about 40 km is a lively beach town called Sayulita. Like the Riviera Nayarit and Puerto Vallarta, Sayulita’s beaches are a popular destination for sun worshippers, but what sets it apart is its surf scene. The waves on the beaches of Sayulita are wicked for beginner and intermediate level surfers.
One of the largest cities in North America, Mexico City is the centre of culture, history, museum art and street art. It’s also the hub city of Aeromexico’s routes and while it’s just a stopover on most itineraries, it’s a real showstopper all on its own. An outdoor gallery in itself, every detail about this city could be studied and admired from the colonial architecture, monumental frescos and murals, historic plazas, to the bustling city centre. Some of the most infamous murals still glean from the buildings in historic Centro, too, by controversial and indelible artists like Diego Rivera who left his mark behind with various commissions throughout the city.
Why You Should Fly With Aeromexico
- Aeromexico fly to 46 destinations within Mexico alone, plus 17 destinations throughout Central and South America, and the Caribbean. Aeromexico fly directly out of Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, and partner airline WestJet fills in the gaps with more domestic connections throughout Canada.
- Passengers flying from Canada will travel on board one of Aeromexico’s three-class configuration Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- One checked bag is included free of charge on all flights! On connecting flights to Central and South America, two checked bags are included free of charge (except to Brazil).
- All international services offer a meal and all services offer a wide selection of non-alcoholic beverages. After 11 a.m., a selection of beer and tequila is available.
- Collect SkyTeam points with Aeromexico’s airline alliance group which includes Delta, Air France, Alitalia, KLM, Korean Air, and more.
- Upgrade from economy to economy plus class – called AM Plus – starting from $50 USD per flight for flights to Mexico. Customers get priority check-in, priority, boarding, priority baggage handling, and most importantly, more leg room in a more spacious and comfortable seat.
- Aeromexico has a program where you can “bid to upgrade” on eligible economy class tickets and if the seat is available and your bid is accepted, you win your upgrade to Clase Premier.
Aeromexico’s Other Popular Destinations in Mexico
- Cabo San Lucas
- ….and many more.
Our Fare of the Month highlights the best deal with the most value to destinations all around the world on different airlines. It’s one of the ways we get to open the world for you to see in a market where there are many, many options – too many, sometimes. For more information, connect with us online, call 1-877-967-5302, or visit your closest Flight Centre store.