Published on May 10th, 2017 | by Daniel Nikulin
Latest WestJet Video Shows Record Setting Lightshow Giveaway
Six months of planning, 40 crew members, six days of building in the desert heat, 61,483 feet of cable and 160 possible winners. That’s what it took Canada’s WestJet Airlines to set two GUINESS WORLD RECORDS during a thrilling landing into Las Vegas that saw one lucky winner disembark with the ultimate #WestJetVegasSurprise.
The creative Calgary-based airline known for its compelling publicity stunts and innovative marketing campaigns released a 3-minute video, titled Las Vegas Desert Lights, highlighting the experience of those on board WestJet flight 1118 from Toronto, as it illuminated a kilometer-wide LED prize board in the Mojave Desert, flashing random seat numbers until eventually settling on a winning seat.
“WestJet turned 21 this year and as the international airline that brings the most guests to Las Vegas, we celebrated by lighting up the desert. Inspired by the brilliance, energy and wonderful experience Las Vegas provides, we created a unique event for our guests by flying over a radiant prize wheel.” – Rob Daintree, WestJet Director of Marketing
- $2,500USD shopping spree at The Forum Shops at Caesars
- VIP table at JEWEL Nightclub at ARIA Resort & Casino
- Brunch at ARIA’s Herringbone
- A future stay and pool cabana at Flamingo Las Vegas
- Dinner for two at STK at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
- Two VIP tickets to Blue Man Group with backstage meet n’ greet at Luxor Hotel & Casino
- Two tickets to Cirque du Soleil
- Two tickets to BAZ – Star Crossed Love at The Palazzo Las Vegas
- Two night stay at The Venetian Las Vegas
- BOSE headphones courtesy of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Two round-trip flights from WestJet Airlines
In addition to the grand prize, all passengers aboard WS1118 received discounted tickets to Cirque du Soleil performances, complimentary cocktails at STK at The Cosmopolitan and $25 gift cards for the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
The two world records set include ‘greatest light output in a projected image’ and ‘largest circular projection’. Visible from 12,000 feet, the massive LED wheel was 785,398 square metres in diameter and reached 4,666,000 lumens.
Through to July 9, 2017, those travelling to Las Vegas with WestJet could receive their own WestJet prize as the airline continues its amazing lightshow and promotional giveaway. Good luck!
Feeling lucky? Book your chance to win the WestJet Vegas trip-of-a-lifetime by calling 1877 967 5302 or by visiting your closest Flight Centre store.
Don’t forget to sign up for our free Club Red newsletters for exclusive deals, contests, travel news and blogs!