Our Group Travel Experts have been busier than ever! We’re helping Canadian couples plan beautiful destination weddings to look forward to in 2022 and 2023. Here’s a behind-the-scenes peek at the most popular wedding destinations we’re planning right now.
There are so many reasons to plan your destination wedding in Cancun. The short flight definitely comes to mind, but the region also boasts an enormous range of options for every type of wedding (especially those with long guest lists).
We Love Planning Weddings at These Cancun Resorts
- Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres, Cancun: Among the stunning wedding venue options is a unique pier for sophisticated ceremonies
- Dreams Natura Resort & Spa, Riviera May: Gorgeous venues and decorations that we can’t stop drooling over
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun: Fabulous wedding coordination for traditional South Asian wedding celebrations
- Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancun: An all-around fantastic getaway for weddings with only adult guests
- Secrets Aura Cozumel: Not far from Cancun, this is your opportunity to have an underwater ceremony!
Destination weddings in Jamaica are picture-perfect. Couples can choose from celebrating in one of the island’s most popular areas to give guests a wide choice of activities to enjoy or opt for a lesser-travelled escape for a more exclusive feel.
We Love Planning Weddings at These Jamaica Resorts
- Moon Palace, Jamaica (BIPOC owned!): Customize your special day with an incredible choice of venues
- Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall: One of the best resorts in the Caribbean for large weddings, with packages suited for up to 1,000 guests
- Jewel Grande: This resort’s on-site coordinators can make any wedding special, including elopements and intimate ceremonies
- Secrets St. James Montego Bay: South Asian and Western weddings take on a special glow at this gorgeous resort. Ask your Travel Expert about anniversary trip perks!
3. Punta Cana
Punta Cana’s sugar-white beaches make for some of the most beautiful oceanside ceremonies in the world. The Dominican Republic’s eastern coast is peppered with both family-oriented and adults-only resorts to choose from.
We Love Planning Weddings at These Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana: This elegant adults-only resort offers seamless coordination of intimate weddings of 2 to 48.
- Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana: Among the celebration venue options at this family-friendly luxury resort is our favourite: the rooftop terrace with uninterrupted sea views
- Dreams Royal Beach: Enjoy Unlimited Luxury® like gourmet dining and endless entertainment
- Royalton Chic Punta Cana: Exchange your vows in the cool of the garden or the edge of the sea, with an intimate wedding ceremony
We admit, there’s one problem with planning a destination wedding in Curaçao: your Big Day will have a lot of competition for being the highlight of your trip! You and your loved ones can spend every day exploring a new side of the island, from street murals to salt lands, caves to hidden coves!
We Love Planning Weddings at These Curacao Resorts
- Dreams Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino: Fewer than 200 guestrooms and suites mean you’ll have plenty of space to spread out in this beautiful resort. Since it’s dog-friendly, you can even ask Fido to be your ring-bearer!
- Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino: This kid-friendly resort is an ideal getaway for everyone on your guest list
5. Saint Lucia
Saint Lucia is the perfect setting for luxury weddings. It’s quieter than most Caribbean destinations, extremely romantic, and a little more far-flung, but worth every kilometre.
We Love Planning Weddings at These Saint Lucia Resorts
- Serenity at Coconut Bay Resort: When you have a small wedding, you can’t beat the romance of a private ceremony aboard a catamaran
- Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort: Many of Saint Lucia’s resorts are adults-only, but this family-oriented property stands out from the crowd and features a remarkable choice of venue for any wedding size