Published on June 24th, 2014 | by Emma Hackwood0
What to Experience in Spain
Thinking of taking a trip to Spain? Our Travel Consultant Kristin Armstrong shares her experience travelling with Topdeck Travel and shares some of her highlights with us along with the top experiences you should add to your itinerary:
My friend and I arrived into Spain in the afternoon on the arrival day of our tour with Topdeck Travel. We checked into Hotel Acta Ink 606, located close to Sagrada Familia which was clean, spacious, and had a rooftop eating area.
Must do’s in Barcelona:
- Drink Sangria in Park Güell by Gaudi
- Grab a beer from a cart on the boardwalk to the beach
- Eat dinner on the street in Las Rablas
- Go to the Flamenco show at Tablao Flamenco Cordobes in Las Ramlas
- Party late night at Opium where Top DJ’s frequent
After a having lunch in beautiful quaint Zaragoza on route from Barcelona to Madrid on our luxury coach bus with WIFI, we arrived into Madrid staying at the Holiday Inn in Pyramides. This was another great value property in the city close to the metro.
Must Do’s in Madrid:
- Check out Parc del Retiro: rent a row boat in the pond and buy some leather bracelets from one of the vendors.
- Do not miss San Miguel Market for Tapas, wine and desserts
- Dancing at night at Kapital Night Club
On the way from Madrid to Valencia we stopped for a quick walk around the medieval city of Toledo. Grab a Curros’ which is a donut type dessert from the street vendors and consider buying a piece of medieval souvenir. In Valencia we stayed at Abba Acteon Hotel, which was a modern great value hotel with a wonderful restaurant. Walking through the streets of Valencia at night watching the street performers dance and sing was amazing.
Must Do’s in Valenica:
- Check out the old food market Plaza del Mercado (Placa del Mercat)
- Check out the City of the Arts and Sciences.
- For a great dinner try Canela.
You can take the ferry from Valencia to Ibiza Port Antonio port which will cost approx 50 Euros and is approx 4 hrs. I decided to pay 70-150 Euros to take a 45 min flight (remember to book ahead for a lower flight price). We stayed at the Hotel Marco Polo in San Antonio which was a great location right near the beach and board walk. The hotel was basic but does have a pool and bar area which is a fun pre party to the clubs. Do not stay here if you want a good night sleep, its a party backpacker hotel. If you are visiting Ibiza for the top DJ’s in the world, plan your trip mid June-September. We saw David Guetta at Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel and Club, which was an amazing experience pool side at this beautiful beach hotel and club. We also saw Afro Jacks at another amazing club called Amnesia, which holds 10,000 patrons.
Expect to pay 50-100 Euros for club entrance with top DJ performances. It should also be noted that the cost of drinks in these clubs will be high at approx 10-20 Euros, but well worth the experience.
Must Do’s in Ibiza:
- Enjoy a sunset meal at Cala Conta only 15 min drive from San Antonio
- Check out Cafe del Mar which boasts the best sunset and chill tunes.
- Enjoy one of the many beaches that Ibiza has to offer!
Spain is an amazing country to visit; the people are friendly, the architecture is unique, the beaches are stunning and the party life is world class. Contact me for more info and I would love to help you plan your journey to Spain.
Looking for more information on travelling to Spain? Kristin Armstrong is a Travel Expert at our Flight Centre Erin Mills location in Mississauga, Ontario and can be reached online or by calling 1-866-581-7757