The Captain's Package Terms and Conditions
Enjoy exclusive added value with every Flight Centre booking by choosing the perfect Captain’s Package for your trip
The Captain’s Package is non-refundable and must be booked and paid in full at the time of purchasing your trip. The Captain’s Package cannot be added once the reservation has been made and flight has been ticketed. Please note that this is currently not available for online bookings.
PERSONAL EXPERT TRAVELLER
Our dedicated travel experts will look after your trip from start to finish.
24/7 CUSTOMER CARE
Our Call Centre is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world.
VISA AND PASSPORT CHECK
It is your responsibility to have a valid passport, visa and/or other travel documentation. A passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document. Using other documentation may result in delays or being denied boarding.
- Change of length of stay may result in a change of documentation needed to travel
- Any Visa advice provided to you is dependent on the accuracy of the information provided by you. Visa advice is current but can change prior to your intended travel.
- Verification of documentation requirements must be done when travel dates nears.
- Failure to provide the required documents may result in being denied boarding privileges by the carrier or relevant authorities, without further recourse or the possibility of a refund.
- Cruise passengers must present a valid passport, regardless of the entry requirements for their country of embarkation.
- To re-enter Canada, you must have valid Canadian passport, you need to show Permanent Resident card or Canadian Visa.
- Immigration authorities have the sole discretion to deny entry even when the relevant documentation is provided. A traveler with criminal history may be denied entry.
- We recommend that you inquire with the Consular Affairs Bureau for Canadians Abroad or review online the Essential Information for Canadian Travelers Guide at voyage.gc.ca to satisfy personal requirements.
- For some countries, international health certificates and vaccinations are required.
- Some countries require travellers to be issued a special international driver's permit and/or international proof of insurance.
For Domestic Flights: all passengers must be in possession of government-issued photo identification. Children under 16 should carry proof of identity, if no photo ID is available.
BEST FLIGHT PROMISE
Our experts will present best route, best price and best value for destination & criteria requested, this may not always be the lowest price.
HOLD OPTIONS FOR YOU
Essential Rest of the World & Hawaii: Hold Options for You: Our experts will advise whether an itinerary with our scheduled carriers can be held for 24 hours. Space can be held but fare may not be guaranteed by the airline.
HOTEL/ TOUR/ CRUISE/ CAR CREDIT
This credit is for use on the trip the Captain’s Package was purchased with. Hotel ,Tour, Cruise and Car credit is per person. Travellers must use credit through Flight Centre Holidays or a Flight Centre preferred supplier for hotel, tour, cruise and car arrangements. The hotel, tour, cruise or car booking must be made up to 7 days prior to departure. A minimum spend must be met in order to redeem the credit which is made up of your hotel, tour, cruise and car spend only. Minimum spend as detailed :
- Canada & USA excluding Hawaii
- Ultimate Package – Minimum spend $500 per person
- Rest of the World & Hawaii
- Ultimate Package – Minimum spend $700 per person
Not valid for use on land arrangements prior to departure or post your return from your trip. Changes and cancellations to hotel, tour, cruise and car arrangements as per Flight Centre Holidays and Preferred Supplier Terms and Conditions. Hotel, Tour, Cruise and Car credits may not be used towards the payment of any change or cancellation fees.
PRICE DROP GUARANTEE
Should the price of your airfare fall below the price you paid prior to your scheduled date of departure, we will provide you with a Flight Centre Future Travel Voucher for the difference. Future Travel Vouchers will be issued electronically and delivered to you within 10 days of your Price Drop Guarantee claim being processed.
Price Drop Guarantee applies to Fares purchased in conjunction with an Ultimate Captain’s Package only and may only be claimed once at any point prior to departure. Price Drop Guarantee applies to genuine fares from airlines and other Canadian registered businesses and websites. Fare must be in writing and presented to us on the same day as it was advertised. Fare must be available, able to be booked by the general public when you bring it to us and be for the same dates, airlines, number of passengers, cabin class, and flight numbers. The written fare must show the date it was advertised and the final price including all applicable fees and charges (including booking / service fees). Fares available due to membership of a group or corporate entity or subscription to a closed group are excluded. Should the fare be less than what you paid for your airfare (after any applied offers or sale discounts) we will issue a Flight Centre Future Travel Voucher to you for the value of the difference that must be used within one year from the date it is issued. Price Drop Guarantee is not applicable where an airfare price has dropped due to currency exchange rate fluctuations. Price Drop Guarantee is not applicable to group air bookings. If you voluntarily cancel your flights from which a future travel voucher was obtained as a result of price drop guarantee, the future travel voucher will be void and unable to be redeemed. Price Drop Guarantee can only be claimed once for any given trip.
How can I make a claim for Price Drop Guarantee?
- Step 1: Bring us a printed screen shot of an advertised fare prior to departure
- Your fare must be in writing and must relate to standard airfares available to the general public. Your genuine advertised fare must be presented to us on the same day as it was advertised and prior to departure. Offer only applies to Ultimate Captain’s Package bookings and may only be claimed once. The fare must show the date it was advertised and show the final price in Canadian dollars (CAD) including all fees and charges (including booking / service fees). If your fare is from a website, it must show the final price payable (in Canadian dollars) at the final payment stage and must show all applicable fees and charges.
- You can provide advertised airfares from:
- 1. Other Canadian Travel Agencies
- 2. Airlines; and
- 3. Other Canadian-registered businesses and websites
- Step 2: Confirmation that the fare is genuine and available
- Your consultant will need to confirm that the fare is genuine, available and able to be booked by the general public when you present it to us. If it is, we will refund you the difference by providing you with a Flight Centre Future Travel Voucher.
If we believe your written fare contains an error in the pricing of the fare, or that the pricing, fare or booking class offered is no longer available to book on the same date, airline and flight number, for the same number of passengers, we may decline to provide you with a Flight Centre Future Travel Voucher to be used towards the purchase of a future trip. Future Travel vouchers cannot be used towards full/partial payment of any product associated with the current trip that the voucher was claimed against.
OUR CHANGE FEES
Changes to airfare bookings will incur a fee depending on the Captain’s Package purchased (Canada & USA excluding Hawaii : Essential Airfare Package - $25. Rest of the World & Hawaii : Essential Airfare Package - $75) per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
OUR CANCELLATION FEES
Cancellations to airfare bookings will incur a fee of $200 (Rest of the World & Hawaii – Essential Captain’s Package) per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees. This fee will be waived when you have purchased a Canada & USA excluding Hawaii Essential or Ultimate Airfare package, or when you have purchased a Rest of the World & Hawaii Ultimate Captain’s Package. All supplier fees still apply. The original fee paid to purchase the Canada & USA excluding Hawaii Essential Airfare Package, Canada & USA excluding Hawaii Ultimate Captain’s Package, Rest of the World & USA Essential Captain’s Package, or Rest of the World & Hawaii Ultimate Captain’s Package is not refundable.
SUPPLIER CHANGE AND CANCELLATION FEES
Cancelled bookings may also incur supplier fees, which can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Supplier fees may also apply where a booking is changed and when tickets or documents are re-issued. Where we incur any liability for a supplier cancellation fee for any booking which you change or cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee. Where you seek a refund for a cancelled booking for which payment has been made to the supplier, we will not provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from that supplier.
FLIGHTS WITHIN CANADA ONLY
24 HOUR CANCELLATION FOR A FULL REFUND
This only applies to airfares purchased with Air Canada, WestJet, and Porter Airlines. Each individual airlines policy will apply in all cases when requesting a refund for flights cancelled within 24 hours of booking. For WestJet flights, a full refund will only be provided if the booking is cancelled within 24 hours of your ticket being issued and your flight is departing outside of 8 days from the time at which the 24 hour cancellation is requested. For WestJet flights departing inside of 8 days from the time at which the 24 hour cancellation is requested, there will be a $100 fee applied from WestJet, with the remaining amount being held with WestJet as a credit. We must be notified within 24 hours of your ticket being issued should you wish to cancel your airfare for a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment where airline policy permits, and if being refunded to a credit card, may take up to 21 days to appear on your statement, depending on provider.
These are Flight Centre’s change fees. Any airline fees charged are still applicable. This only applies to airfares purchased with Air Canada, WestJet, and Porter Airlines that have an origin and destination within Canada. Name changes may be made up to 3 hours prior to departure. Only one name change is permitted per booking. Name change option only applies to flights that have an origin and destination within Canada. Name changes will incur a fee of $25 (Canada & USA excluding Hawaii – Essential Captain’s Package – only applies to Canadian destinations). This fee will be waived when you have purchased a Canada & USA excluding Hawaii Ultimate Captain’s Package, supplier fees still apply.
SUN PACKAGES ONLY
SUN HOLIDAY PROMISE
Our experts will offer best value options for your preferred destination and criteria requested, this may not always be the lowest price. No Flight Centre fee for cancellation or name changes on your Sun Package booking: this refers to Flight Centre only. In some cases, fees may be charged by the sun holiday provider.
Sun Package fee for Transat Holidays, Air Canada Vacations and WestJet Vacations $49 – fee is per room. Sun Package fee for Sunwing $99 – fee is per room.