Cheap Flights from St-johns
The major airport in Newfoundland & Labrador, YYT flights serve domestic and international destinations. It is the closest Canadian gateway for flights to Europe, which makes YYT flights some of the cheapest out there. For St. John's flights from The Rock, our airfares rock! Ready to book cheap flights YYT to the world? Read on!
Driving to St. John's Airport YYT is easy and quick, with the airport only 10 km (less than a 15 minute car or cab ride) from downtown St. John's. Conveniently situated by the highway, entry and exit ramps are 1km away, taking you less than a minute to drive to and from the airport to major transport arteries. If taking public transit, the Metrobus services Route 14 with stops to and from YYT with popular St. John's attractions in-between.
Parking at YYT
There are 3 YYT Parking lots, Short-Term, Long-Term and Gold Pass Parking.
- Short-Term Parking:
- 2 hours or less, for passenger pick-up and drop-off.
- $2.00 / per 30 mins
- No daily maximum
- Long-Term Parking:
- 2 hours +, for passengers who are away a day, week or month.
- No reservation necessary.
- $2.00 / 30 mins
- Daily maximum rate $16
- Weekly (7 days) rate $80
- daily max. Rate $16, weekly (7 days) $80
- Gold Pass Parking:
- For frequent flyers, this exclusive lot is close to the Terminal's west side entrance
- Accessible by personal swipe card.
- Monthly fee: $120.00 + HST. A 6-month contact is required.
Print the John's Airport Terminal Building map before you go for speedier travel. The small, modern, three-level YYT Terminal is easy to navigate:
- Level 1: Arrivals & Baggage pick-up, Restaurants, Departures Entrance, RCAF Memorial, Car Rentals, Children's Play Area, Parking, Taxi & Airport Limousines
- Level 2: Departures & Customs, Shopping, Duty-Free, Charging Station, Fast Food, Maple Leaf Lounge Entrance to 3rd floor
- Level 3: Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, Observation Area
Exit and entrance ramps to and from the highway are located a minute's drive from the Terminal building.
YYT is home to a well-appointed Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, located on Level 3 of the YYT Terminal building. Amenities include:
- State-of-the-art business centre
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout lounge
- Hot meals
- Premium snacks
- Premium selection of wines, beer and spirits
- Comfortable club chairs, sofas and dining seating
Interested in how to access the YYT Maple Leaf Lounge? All Air Canada business class passengers, Star Alliance Gold Members, Air Canada Maple Leaf Members Altitude Elite and Super Elite members, as well as qualifying cardholders, are eligible. If you are flying Air Canada Flex or AC Latitude, you may purchase a Maple Leaf Lounge pass. Your Flight Centre travel consultant will be pleased to work out the details for you.
Quick Tips on Flights from YYT
- Free airport-wide Wi-Fi
- Cell phone waiting lot - a free parking lot for people waiting to pick up passengers until they arrive. The driver can access free Wi-Fi from inside this lot, to track the flight status and passenger arrival.
- Airport restaurants and snack bars close at night, so plan ahead if you have a later flight
- Information Desk in the Arrivals area on Level 1
- Free mobile charging stations in Departures, between Gates 1 & 2 and Gates 4 to 8.
- Kids play areas on Level 1, outside food court and Level 2, inside Departures
- Quiet Room on Level 3, for praying or meditation
- There are no showers, luggage storage or lockers