Terms & Conditions
The Purchase of your Travel Booking constitutes a contractual agreement between the traveller(s), customer(s), and/or purchaser(s), (collectively as "You" and "Traveller"), and FLIGHT CENTRE TRAVEL GROUP (CANADA) INC DBA Flight Centre ("Flight Centre", "We", "Us") and implies acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions below.
Flight Centre acts as a travel agent only. Many, if not all, of the services that make up your travel booking are provided by independent Travel Suppliers. Payment of your travel booking to us, as the Agent of the Travel Supplier, contracts you to the terms and conditions of the Travel Supplier, otherwise offer can be withdrawn at our discretion.
- If for any reason, any Travel Supplier is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the Travel Supplier, and not against us.
- We do not represent that any travel products or services will be suitable for you and we do not accept legal liability or responsibility for any services of a Travel Supplier that does not meet your expectations.
- We rely on the information that is provided by the Travel Suppliers to assist you to make an informed decision, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy in respect thereof.
It is possible that flight times, accommodations, and or other travel services booked may change even after the booking is completed and full payment is received. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of the Travel Suppliers by referring to their brochures or websites. Please ensure that we have your current contact information so that we can notify you of such changes. Any personalized travel request (e.g. seat or room allocation) cannot be guaranteed.
Price and Availability (Quotes)
Prices and availability quoted are subject to change (at the sole discretion of our Travel Suppliers and are due to space sellout/demand) at any time until full payment has been received and tickets have been issued. If the total price of the travel services is increased and the cumulative increase, except any increase resulting from an increase in retail sales tax or federal goods and services tax, is more than 7 percent, the customer has the right to cancel the contract and obtain a full refund.
Please note that all airfares and tour operator rates are subject to change without notice if full payment for booking has not been received. Flight Centre does not warrant that prices will not change until booking is paid in full and an increase must be borne and paid for upon demand either by Flight Centre, the airline, the tour operator or the Travel Supplier of the service.
It is your responsibility to have a valid passport, visa and/or other travel documentation. A passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document. Using other documentation may result in delays or being denied boarding.
- Change of length of stay may result in a change of documentation needed to travel.
- Any Visa advice provided to you is dependent on the accuracy of the information provided by you. VIsa advice is current but can change prior to your intended travel date.
- Verification of documentation requirements must be done when travel date nears.
- Failure to provide the required documents may result in being denied boarding privileges by the carrier or relevant authorities, without further recourse or the possibility of a refund.
- Cruise passengers must present a valid passport, regardless of the entry requirements for their country of embarkation.
- To re-enter Canada, you must have valid Canadian passport and you need to show Permanent Resident card or Canadian Visa.
- Immigration authorities have the sole discretion to deny entry even when the relevant documentation is provided. A Traveller with criminal history may be denied entry.
- We recommend that you inquire with the Consular Affairs Bureau for Canadians Abroad or review online the Essential Information for Canadian Travellers Guide at voyage.gc.ca to satisfy personal requirements.
- For some countries, international health certificates and vaccinations are required.
- Some countries require travellers to be issued a special international driver's permit and/or international proof of insurance.
For domestic flights: all passengers must be in possession of government-issued photo identification. Children under 16 should carry proof of identity, if no photo ID is available.
Cancellations, changes, and ex-changes
Please be aware that, in the main, flight and travel bookings are non-refundable and non-reroutable. Any changes or amendments to itinerary or passenger(s) details are either not permitted or will incur a penalty from the Airline, Travel Supplier, or Flight Centre as prescribed from time to time. Please see Invoice and Itinerary for penalty details. By you acknowledging the Invoice, Itinerary, and these Terms and Conditions, Flight Centre is hereby authorized by you to seek to recover any refunds/credits that may be available from Airline and other Travel Suppliers from time to time. Airline tickets are generally non-refundable once travel has commenced. If you cancel or change any flight segment or portion of your travel booking, you must advise the Travel Supplier prior to the time of the initial departure of travel booking or you will lose the value of the remaining portion of your purchase.
Reconfirming Flight Times
It is your responsibility to confirm your flight departure times at least 24 hours prior to departure. Some airlines will have schedule changes and your flight times may differ to what is stated on your Itinerary. We recommend that you reconfirm your onward and return flights at least 3 days prior to each journey. Flight Centre is not responsible for schedule changes.
Check-in opening and closing times
All passengers are asked to check in at least 2 hours for domestic and 3 hours for international prior to the scheduled time of departure of their flight due to enhanced security measures. We recommend online check-in available with most airlines at least 12 hours prior to departure and for most cruises, at least 72 hours. Please note that all travellers must be present with their boarding documents, passport and visas necessary for the destination. Any passenger arriving late for check-in will be denied boarding.
Baggage Allowances and Restrictions
Be aware that not all air carriers have the same baggage allowance policy and therefore it is important to check the policy before preparing for your trip. Weight and piece limitations as well as baggage fees can vary from one air carrier to the next.
Please note that additional airport and/or hotel and/or car rental fees and government taxes (other than sales tax) may not be included in your purchase. These are frequently collected at destination. Seat selection and resort stays may also incur fees.
Duration of Travel
Please note that the number of nights of travel packages is based on travel dates and not the number of nights of accommodation.
Travelling with your Child or Another's
Whether travelling alone or accompanied by an adult, each child must travel with his/her own travel documents, a passport and appropriate visa, plus supporting documentation: i.e. birth certificate showing the names of both parents and/or legal documents pertaining to custody.
- An adult travelling with minor children is strongly advised to hold a notarized letter of travel consent signed by other parent(s) or guardian(s) with legal custody. The letter must include the signor's address, phone details, authorization to travel, the destination and length of stay.
- If a parent/guardian is divorced or deceased, a custody document or death certificate is required.
- For unaccompanied minors travelling please provide the details of the person who is responsible for meeting the minor at the destination to your travel agent and the airline.
- It is your responsibility to obtain all documents including those for infants and children, as required by relevant government authorities of the country you are visiting.
- Some countries have very specific regulations regarding cases where both parents are not travelling with a child. We recommend you obtain information from the consulate of destination.
Credit Card Chargeback
If for any reason, any Travel Supplier is unable to provide the service for which was contracted, your remedy lies against that provider and not with Flight Centre. If payment has been made to Flight Centre by credit card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback your payment to Flight Centre.
If your credit card is declined, you guarantee that you will settle any amounts owing to Flight Centre via direct deposit or cash within 2 business days of notification by Flight Centre of declined charge.
Notice to Travellers
Travellers should be aware that different living standards and practices may exist outside of Canada including but not limited to: provision of utilities, e.g. Water and electricity; accommodations; services of all kinds; food; food preparation and water quality.
- Flight Centre shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage, illness or injury resulting from different living standards. Keep the state of the local economy and the country's level of development in mind.
- The quality of hotels advertised by our Travel Suppliers has been rated in accordance with the normal standard of the destination and could be different from the standard of Canadian hotels. There is no international standard and they can vary greatly.
Hotel ratings also vary between one Travel Supplier than another for the same product. We recommend that you inform yourself on the amenities and reviews of accommodations before deciding.
- Service may be interrupted at any time for renovations, maintenance, or construction. Flight Centre is an agent only and cannot be held responsible for quality or interruptions of service.
- Do ask questions and research on your own to ensure that are you are prepared for every eventuality
- It is possible that you will encounter minor difficulties that are sometimes unavoidable and uncontrollable. Please initially attempt to address the situation locally directly with Travel Supplier(s) and then contact your consultant.
- Cruise lines generally collect pre-paid gratuities at time of check-in and possibly fuel surcharge. Please refer to your cruise documentation or inquire with your travel consultant.
- Many independent Travel Suppliers require the presentation of a major credit card at the commencement of service to cover any additional incidentals and/or for potential damages. It is recommended that there is $1000.00 of available funds on the credit card.
This Agreement is governed by, and is to be construed and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the Province of British Columbia and the Laws of Canada applicable in that Province. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Vancouver, British Columbia to resolve any disputes which may arise in relation to this Agreement and/or sale in general by Flight Centre to the client.
We have provided you with a listing of the airlines and contact phone numbers that you can call to reconfirm your flights. We strongly recommend that you re-confirm your flights at least 24 hours prior to departure time.