This beach party songs playlist will take you away on a Flight Centre tailor made holiday, where the breezes are floral and the sand is as silky smooth as these tunes. Hit it!
Best Beach Party Songs Playlist, Ever
- Kokomo by The Beach Boys
- Red Red Wine by UB40
- Days Like This (Spinna & Ticklah Mix) by Shaun Escoffery
- The Sea by Morcheeba
- Is This Love by Bob Marley & The Wailers
- I Melt With You by Jason Mraz
- Baby, I Love Your Way by Big Mountain, Tom Lorde-Alge
- Sweat (A La La La La Long) by Inner Circle
- The Girl From Ipanema by Stan Getz, Joao Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto
- Beach Samba by Astrud Gilberto, Pery Ribeiro, Geraldo Cunha
- Master Blaster (Jammin') by Stevie Wonder
- Guantanamera by The Sandpipers
- Jambone by Snarky Puppy
- Reggaeton by J Balvin
- Ni Gucci Ni Prada by Kenny Man
- Malibu by Miley Cyrus
- Sway by Blue Hawaiians
- Bora Bora Song by John Taaroa
- Agua De Beber by Astrud Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Aloha Oe by Johnny Cash
- Asi Fue by Isabel Pantoja
- Follow The Sun by Xavier Rudd
- Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
- Beach by San Cisco
- Moshi, Moshi by Os Cariocas
- Honeymoon In Hawaii by John Taaroa
- Montego Bay by The Sunshine Sound of the Steel Band
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans Mambo by Van Alexander and His Orchestra
- The Way You Do The Things You Do by UB40
- Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
- Hawaiian Sunset by Elvis Presley
Picture it. The year is 1988, and a film called Cocktail starring Tom Cruise is currently playing in theatres. A new song by The Beach Boys called Kokomo comes on during the ending film credits. Moviegoers slowly start making their way out of the theatre, thinking about love, life, and quitting their jobs to become bartenders. Mike Love sings about a place called Kokomo and sets the scene of two lovers on a moonlit beach sharing a dreamy look in their eyes. Steel drums flirt with Love’s soft, dreamy vocals, and it’s not before long a sax solo described as ‘oddly poignant’ takes centre stage as if alto saxophonist Joel Peskin himself can determine fate with the success of his solo. For a moment, we’re on a beach, falling in love. Or, maybe we’re just walking out of a movie theatre thinking about where we parked our car.
There are some songs that just pull us in and make us forget about everything else. Like Kokomo, they take us away on three-minute journeys to a happy place, where we can momentarily forget about things like phone bills and bad haircuts, and even have the power to help us through difficult times. Really good songs can even teach us, make us wiser, and remind us what’s important.
Whether your happy place is in Kokomo, or on a beach somewhere under the sun, heat things up with our beach party playlist for a little sax on the beach, featuring this Beach Boys classic, and much more.
Need a break from the winter chill? Warm up with our beach party playlist, or better yet, take this playlist with you with you on your next holiday!