Sit back in sumptuous surroundings as you weave through awe-inspiring wilderness. See wildlife in its natural habitat, where no road or footpath can take you. Enjoy champagne service and chef-prepared dining with a backdrop of sparkling ocean, majestic mountains and pristine lakes…
*dreamily sighs* Sorry. I’ve lost my train of thought… Train — that’s it! A Rocky Mountaineer train trip. The most scenic and unique luxury train Canada has to offer.
The unequivocal view from the Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Cabin is rife with photo opportunities.
Why choose Rocky Mountaineer train tours?
Beautiful British Columbia (to lift the provincial license plate tagline) is a must-see for visitors to the West Coast and Canadians alike. Rocky Mountaineer train tours are the perfect enhancement to travels on the west side and showcases its best side! Whether you're a luxury-seeker, nature enthusiast or want an internationally-acclaimed travel experience in Canada, we highly recommend you get on board.
Here are some of the reasons we love Rocky, and think you will too:
1. One-of-a-kind luxury train
The stunning views, inside and outside of the Rocky Mountaineer train.
Rocky Mountaineer's collection are the only passenger trains to operate along the winding Canadian Pacific Railway. Passengers are rewarded with hidden wonders and unparalleled views of one of the world's most majestic mountain ranges. Unlike other train rides through the Rockies, this is also a tour. A passionate guide draws your attention to elusive wildlife and important gems, while drawing you in with their stories of the railway, historic and geographic facts, and more. So you don't miss any of the natural splendour daylight illuminates, there are no sleeping cabins on the Rocky Mountaineer. Instead, the train stops for the night in a comfortable hotel. Rocky Mountaineer gifts you with scenery and stories you won't find on any other routes.
2. Rocky Mountaineer's GoldLeaf Service & Cabin
Rocky Mountaineer offers three tiers of service: RedLeaf, SilverLeaf and the highest, GoldLeaf. The latter is the most popular selection, and for good reason. In fact, we can think of quite a few reasons to go with GoldLeaf. Here are a few:
- Two-tiered, glass-dome of the GoldLeaf coach, providing sweeping, panoramic vistas
- Hot breakfasts and lunches served in the GoldLeaf Dining Room
- Complimentary snacks and beverages
- Mimosa toast to start the rail journey
- One night's accommodation in Kamloops or Quesnel
- Service and interpretive commentary by knowledgeable and approachable Onboard Attendants
- Coach transfer between the train station and accommodation in Kamloops or Quesnel
- Luggage delivered to hotel room
- Rocky Mountaineer Information Package
- Enamelled Rocky Mountaineer pin
3. The foremost dining luxury train experience in Canada
Gourmet meals and wine selections that rival the finest restaurants round out the Rocky Mountaineer experience.
With constant observation from your personal service crew, you can always enjoy snacks and drinks in your plush seat, but the real culinary magic happens when you head to the dining car and enjoy a three course meal on the delicious menu, for breakfast and for lunch. Rocky Mountaineer chefs will accommodate whatever dietary requirements you need. Simply ask your Flight Centre travel agent to provide the information and your needs will be catered to –literally.
4. The Routes
Rocky Mountaineer offers five routes to transport you from beautiful cities and towns, weaving through awe-inspiring mountain passes and national parks like Jasper and Banff.
- First Passage to the West, a spectacularly scenic journey departing from Vancouver, with stops in Kamloops, Lake Louise, Banff and Calgary. There is also the option to travel this route westbound.
- Journey through the Clouds is a route that takes you to Vancouver, Kamloops and Jasper. View an exciting array of landscapes on the Rainforest to Gold Rush route, featuring Vancouver, Quesnel and Jasper.
- Circle Rail route makes a loop from Vancouver, through the majestic Rockies and back.
- Coastal Passage, where guests admire exciting vistas from Seattle, Vancouver and the Rockies range.
- Whistler Sea to Sky Climb is a gloriously uplifting route, figuratively and literally.
A popular option for Rocky Mountaineer guests is adding a Pacific Coastal cruise to their vacation, which takes you through the Rocky Mountains, then your Alaska cruise departs from Vancouver or Seattle. Finally, for those with adventure on their mind and time on their hands, the awesome Coast to Coast route takes you through our diverse and amazing country, starting from Vancouver or Halifax.
5. Awards & Accolades
No other train tour has received as many awards as Rocky Mountaineer. Discover why it's been named by the acclaimed World Travel Awards' World’s Leading Travel Experience by Train year after year. Cheers to that! Rocky Mountaineer leaves an indelible mark on all those who choose to journey on it.
Ready to make tracks on Rocky Mountaineer? Contact us at 1 877 967 5302, or find a travel agency store near you!