Hawaii is the perfect destination for group trips. Whether you’re taking your big family to the Big Island or saying Aloha again to old friends, you can take advantage of preferred rates, epic tours & excursions, and comfortable accommodations.
Since it’s impossible to squeeze all of Hawaii into a single article, we’re focusing on the most well loved group-friendly destinations: Honolulu (Oahu), Kahului (Maui), Kauai, and Kona (Hawaii Island). That being said, you can tailor-make your group trip anywhere in Hawaii with our Group Travel Experts!
Read on for our top recommendations for experiences and hotels to pull off the perfect Hawaiian getaway.
Travel Expert Tip
The larger your group, the earlier you’ll want to book your trip. This is especially true now that post-pandemic getaways are in high demand!
What to Do in Hawaii: Best Group-Friendly Activities
It’s true that there’s something for everyone in Hawaii, but the islands do lean more in favour of the adventurous, the outdoorsy, and the hungry. If that sounds like your crew, you’re in the right place!
Hawaii is absolutely bursting with natural wonders. You can’t go wrong with visiting volcanoes, wandering to waterfalls, hiking through national parks, and enjoying beautiful beaches.
There are also heaps of outdoor sports to enjoy as a group: golfing, snorkelling, kayaking, surfing, and cycling just scratch the surface. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, a luau is always on the table, along with guided tastings of local wines, whiskeys, beers, and ciders.
Enrich your getaway with trips to galleries, museums, and plenty of guided tours. Speaking of tours, let’s dive into our top group-friendly recommendations!
Best Group Tours: Our Experts’ Top Picks
Having flexibility in your itinerary is a good rule of thumb, but so is including at least one or two experiences that your whole group can enjoy together. Plan the highlight of your Hawaii trip around a group surfing lesson, spotting dolphins and tropical fish from a catamaran, or an epic sightseeing adventure.
- Sea Life Park Tour
- Surf School Group Lesson
- Traditional Luau
- Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (or SNUBA!)
- Full Circle Island Jeep Safari
- East Maui Waterfalls and Rainforest Hike
- Haleakala Skyline Adventure with Ziplining and Swinging Bridge
- Teralani Sunset Dinner Sail
- Atlantis Submarine Excursion
- Backcountry Tubing Adventure in Old Lihue Plantation
- Kauai Eco Helicopter Adventure to Hanapepe Valley, Mana Waiapuna, Olokele canyon, and more
- Nu'Alolo Kai Beach Land Raft & Waterfall Tour
- Captain Andy's Na Pali Snorkel Sail
- Fair Wind Afternoon Snorkel Sail
- Captain Zodiac Raft Expedition
- Sea Quest Night Manta Experience at Keauhou Bay Point
- Atlantis Submarine Excursion
- Kohala Canopy Zipline Adventure
Where to Stay: Best Group-Friendly Hotels in Hawaii
Nobody knows hotels and resorts like we do. Ask us about reserving a hotel event space for a gathering, personalizing your amenities, or finding you fabulous rates and perks for group bookings.
- Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
- Ala Moana Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Queen Kapiolani Hotel
- Hilton Waikiki Beach
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
- Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites
- Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani
- Turtle Bay Resort
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston at the Waikiki Banyan
- The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- Park Shore Waikiki
- Ka'Anapali Beach Hotel
- Aston Kaanapali Shores
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui
- Royal Lahaina Resort
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Maui Beach hotel
- Napili Kai Beach Resort
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
- The Westin Ka'Anapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
- Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea
- Wailea Beach Resort Marriott Maui
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- The Ritz Carlton Kapalua
- Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa
- Kauai Beach Resort & Spa
- Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay
- Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club (no meeting spaces)
- Sheraton Kauai Resort
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
- Ko'a Kea Hotel & Resort
- The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Kauai Shores Hotel
- Castle Kahi Lani
- Fairmont Orchid Hawaii
- Hilton Waikoloa village
- Kanaloa at Kona
- Royal Kona Resort
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo A Doubletree by Hilton
- Waikoloa Colony Villas
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
- Mauna Lani Auberge Resorts Collection
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Outrigger Kona Resort & Spa
Group travel consultations are always free! Get in touch with a Group Expert today to find your travel deal.