You know you’re an Intrepid traveller when…
You’re not looking for the “standard” travel experience. You love to revel in the things that make every place unique.
Comfort is important to you, but you’re not looking for private coach buses or 5-star resorts away from it all.
It’s the heart of travel that inspires you, and the reason you’ve been looking for more sustainable ways to explore the world.
If that’s you, there’s a new style of adventure travel waiting for you as soon as you’re ready to get back out into the world: Intrepid Premium tours!
What is Intrepid Premium?
Every Intrepid Premium trip includes 4-star local accommodations for your comfort, plus a Feature Stay that takes your trip from great to outstanding. Think: riverboat hotel on the Nile or a palace in Jaipur.
Each Premium itinerary also features an exceptional experience you won’t find on any other Intrepid tour, like getting to know a Ugandan Park Ranger over dinner and learning how they care for the park’s gorilla population.
You’ll enjoy extra inclusions like arrival transfers, daily breakfast, luggage transport, and included tipping.
But the best part of all? Intrepid Premium tours are designed and led by Intrepid’s most experienced destination experts. And with an average trip size of only 10 travellers, you’ll have all the time in the world to soak up their know-how.
A Sustainable Way to Travel
Like all Intrepid trips, Premium itineraries are 100% carbon offset. They also support local economies by employing local leaders and partnering with locally owned businesses. You won’t find any non-essential flights or transit flights under 45 minutes, but you will find accommodations and experiences that are socially and ecologically sustainable throughout Intrepid’s Premium collection.
Top 10 Intrepid Premium Tours
- Premium Kenya: Stay at Ashnil Mara Camp for three glorious nights in the Masai Mara National Reserve. Cruise across Lake Naivasha and spot the families of hippos along the way.
- Premium Morrocco: Ride a camel into the Sahara where you'll sleep in a luxury tented camp and feast under the stars. Browse the souks of Essaouira to gather fresh ingredients for a delicious handmade meal.
- Premium Japan: Enjoy your own private onsen (hot spring) with a relaxing stay in a traditional Japanese ryokan. Then, visit a 16th-century samurai castle that once housed over 10,000 samurai families!
- Premium Egypt: Visit King Tutankhamen’s Tomb in the Valley of the Kings and spend four mind-boggling nights on a riverboat floating on the Nile.
- Premium Croatia | The Dalmatian Coast: Learn about sustainable fishing firsthand by joining a local fisherman for the day (including a fresh-caught seafood lunch)! Then enjoy a quiet night in a private Lastovo villa.
- Premium Iceland: Join the fight against deforestation with the chance to plant trees around Hotel Fljotshlik & Smaratun Farm Eco Lodges. Plus, stay in Iceland’s oldest hotel: Hotel Tindastoll.
- Premium Rwanda & Uganda Gorillas: Share dinner with a Park Ranger and spend three nights at the eco-friendly Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge.
- Premium Vietnam & Cambodia: Visit KOTO restaurant to support disadvantaged youth training for the hospitality industry. Then feast by candlelight on a small ship cruise on Halong Bay.
- Premium Peru | Lima to Cusco: Stay at Posada Amazonas lodge in the Amazon Jungle, a community based tourism arrangement operated by members of the Ese Eja Native Community of Infierno.
- Premium India | Mumbai to Delhi: Enjoy a remarkable stay in the exquisite Hotel Narain Niwas Palace in the Pink City, Jaipur. You’ll have a chance to visit with the owner of Royal Haveli over rooftop cocktails.
Book & Travel with Peace of Mind
COVID-19 has changed the way we plan travel. Rest assured, all Intrepid Premium trips can be booked as a private group so you can explore the world in your own bubble.
Ask your Flight Centre Travel Expert about Flexible Payments, Flexible Deposits, and No Change Fees so you can book with peace of mind.