Published on June 9th, 2015 | by Flight Centre Staff12
Air New Zealand Celebrates 75 years in the Skies with a One-Day Flash Sale
In celebration of its 75th anniversary, Air New Zealand will be offer a one-day, $475* fare sale for tickets from Vancouver, Canada to Auckland, New Zealand.
Seventy-five (75) tickets at the incredible price of $475* including taxes, (a significant savings compared to the average published fare to New Zealand), will be on sale for one day only on Wednesday, June 17. Tickets will be available at Flight Centre Canada’s Vancouver flagship store, Flight Centre Ultra Shop, at 625 Howe Street. Doors will open at 9:00am, with pre-sale activity and entertainment taking place at 8:30am. Promotional coupons and complimentary merchandise will be available during the pre-sale event. (See below for full rules).
“Air New Zealand has been connecting travellers for 75 years, and we are excited to celebrate our anniversary by offering these unprecedented fares,” says Air New Zealand Vice President of the Americas Chris Myers. “We’ve come a long way in 75 years, and by end of the year’s peak travel season, we’ll be operating over 40 flights from North America, including up to daily services from Vancouver to Auckland.”
Customers can win a chance to ‘jump the queue’ at Flight Centre by entering their information on the Air New Zealand Canada Facebook tab found here. Five (5) lucky customers will be selected to ‘jump the queue’ on June 17th, 2015. Exclusive discounts for Flight Centre Canada on Air New Zealand will also be available on the day of ticket sales. Customers are encouraged to join the conversation surrounding the $475* fare sale on social media by using the hashtag, #AirNZ75.
Flight Centre Canada, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary, is partnering with Air New Zealand to provide Canadian customers with a dream come true flight to New Zealand. Aaron Stubbings, Western Canada marketing manager at Flight Centre says, “Every day is a different journey in New Zealand, and we’re incredibly excited to offer customers an opportunity to experience all that the country has to offer, including world-class adrenaline sports and mind-blowing countryside to explore.”
Tickets to be sold in Flight Centre Canada’s Vancouver Ultra Shop:
25 tickets departing September 25, 2015, returning October 7, 2015
25 tickets departing September 26, 2015, returning October 9, 2015
25 tickets departing September 27, 2015, returning October 10, 2015
Other rules to note
- Anyone who plans to take advantage of the $475 airfare needs to be there in person to book on June 17
- For people interested in travelling but can’t be present, a special companion discount of $275 on roundtrip Air New Zealand tickets to New Zealand for travel between June 17 to November, 2015, will be available for redemption on another’s behalf on June 17 at the Ultra Store. This discount is also available to those whose travel dates do not meet the dates of the $475 airfare
- While we appreciate the enthusiasm, the line is at capacity and it appears we have reached our 75 person capacity for the $475 airfare, so we ask that anyone else wishing to join arrive on Wednesday morning after 12am
- If you leave the line for longer than 30 mins to allow for short breaks, you lose your place in it and will need to join the back of the line at 12am Wednesday
- Existing campers must stay within property boundaries as set by Flight Centre, Air New Zealand and Security acting on behalf of Flight Centre and Air New Zealand
- Official line starts at 12am Wednesday June 17, at which time existing tents must be taken down
- Boarding passes numbered 6 to 75 will be handed to people in line in the order they are queued from 6am on Wednesday June 17
- Winners of the ‘Jump the Queue’ contest on Air New Zealand’s Facebook pages have been notified on Wednesday morning at 9am PST, and will be announced as soon as they have accepted, and will automatically take spots 1 to 5 at the front of the line
Air New Zealand flies nonstop to Auckland from Vancouver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu and starting in December 2015, from Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Beginning Oct. 25, a fleet of completely refitted Boeing 777-200ER aircraft will exclusively operate the Vancouver–Auckland route.
The refitted Boeing 777-200 includes Air New Zealand’s award-winning Economy Skycouch™, comfortable ink-colored luxury leather seats with leg rests in Premium Economy, as well as lie-flat beds in Business Premier. In addition to delicious Kiwi-inspired cuisine and a great selection of New Zealand wines, customers can also enjoy over 1800 hours of on-demand inflight entertainment available via personal touch screens.
In the spirit of New Zealand, from 8am on Wednesday June 17, there will be complimentary Kiwi-inspired catering, refreshments and entertainment. Thank you to everyone who has made this event so special, and we can’t wait to book your dream trip to New Zealand!
*Terms & Conditions May Apply. Customers must be present when buying at Flight Centre Canada’s Vancouver Ultra Shop. Offer not available online or by phone.