Minimizing baggage problems
- Tag your baggage with colourful tags, labels or straps for easy spotting.
- Label your baggage with your name and contact information. For security reasons, include your business address instead of your home address.
- Remember to include labels on both the outside and inside of your luggage in case your external tag is removed.
- Pack important items such as medication, eye glasses and laptops in carry-on luggage.
- Report missing luggage immediately to the airline.
- Keep a list of what you packed in your baggage.
- Check the airline's luggage policy before you leave.
Minimizing health problems
- Keep medication in your carryon luggage.
- Make a list of your medications along with the dosage and take it with you on your trip.
- If you need to travel with medical syringes, it's a good idea to obtain a letter from your family doctor.
- Take your family doctor contact information with you.
- Take your policy numbers for any supplementary health care coverage with you on your trip.
Minimizing problems with your flight
- Make sure all your travel documents such as passports are up to date.
- Leave home in plenty of time to avoid delays due to traffic accidents and/or road closures.